Is there a way to turn off the reminder that a guest is coming soon?

Answered!
Lynn1241
Level 2
Memphis, TN

Is there a way to turn off the reminder that a guest is coming soon?

These reminders that AirBnb sends out often come in the middle of the night and wake me up. Thinking that there is a question or a booking or something important, I always look at it. It is frustrating because I KNOW they are coming soon. I am on top of this. Please do not wake me up for this. Can anyone help?

1 Best Answer

@Lynn1241 @Max1761  

How to change your Airbnb notifications: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/14/managing-your-notifications

Of course, your smartphone is only waking you up in the night because you've set it to do so. You can always adjust your phone's Notification settings - for specific apps, or for all apps, or to silent during specific hours. If that seems too complicated, you can also just put the whole thing on silent at bedtime. 

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Max1761
Level 1
California, United States

Have the same issue. I was hopping somebody will know how to turn them off

Martin3344
Level 8
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

@Lynn1241 

Agreed, these 8 day and check in reminders are really annoying and a complete waste of time for a busy host. They can surely only be of help to hosts either with very intermittent bookings or who can't manage their diary. With an active calendar these are flowing in all the time and you can risk missing something important. It would be great to have the option to switch them off please.

@Lynn1241 @Max1761  

How to change your Airbnb notifications: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/14/managing-your-notifications

Of course, your smartphone is only waking you up in the night because you've set it to do so. You can always adjust your phone's Notification settings - for specific apps, or for all apps, or to silent during specific hours. If that seems too complicated, you can also just put the whole thing on silent at bedtime. 

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.

I have the reminders setting turned off yet I still get the 8-day reminders and check-in reminds. I get them as email and push notifications even though I have that setting turned off. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lynn1241  I can't imagine why you would need to look at Airbnb messages in the middle of the night. If a guest can't wait for an answer during reasonable waking hours, I wouldn't want them as a guest. If it's a true emergency for a guest in residence, they should be calling 911. 

I turn my phone off at night, I don't accept anyone waking me up during the night. You can also set your phone to only ring for certain numbers during the night, for instance family members in case of emergency.

If you are a host then you do need to be able to be contacted at any time of day. Unless you are having someone else manage your Airbnb and then they should be contactable at any time. Yes you would hope that your guests don’t contact you in the middle of the night for just anything but there are valid reasons for a guest to contact you after 5pm without it warranting a call to 911. A pipe bursts or the guest gets locked out - do you really not want to get that call/message? Agreed that turning off the 8 days before arrival notification is helpful - thank you I just did that myself. But I’m still going to make sure I’m available to guests at any time in case there is a situation where I need to step in. They are paying to stay after all. 

I don't quite agree with you - for example, I might go to the cinema, and not be available during the film.   I'm not on call 24/7, and if someone wants that, they should go to a Hotel with a 24/7 reception desk. 

But I do try to be available whenever possible, and to respond quickly.   

I definitely want to try to be available for my Airbnb guests if they need me, so I leave my phone on at night.

Brittney124
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Agreed.  Requesting that AirBNB let us turn these off by manually selecting if we want them or not!  I DO NOT and they are wasting my time, regardless as to what time of day they are sent.  

Muhammad282
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi,

Dear Lynn1241,

Yes, you can turn off the reminder for a guest's arrival by adjusting your notification settings.

Here's a quick guide on how to do it:

1. Open the settings menu: Go to the settings or preferences section of the platform or software you are using to manage guest arrivals. Look for an option related to notifications or reminders.
  2. Locate the guest arrival reminder setting: Within the notification settings, search for the specific setting related to guest arrival reminders. It may be labeled as "Guest Arrival Reminders" or something similar.
  3. Disable the reminder: Once you've found the guest arrival reminder setting, toggle it off or uncheck the box to disable the reminders. This action will prevent future reminders from being sent for upcoming guest arrivals.

By turning off the guest arrival reminder, you won't receive notifications or reminders for guests coming soon. However, make sure to stay organized and keep track of your guest schedule using alternative methods if needed.

Samuel776
Level 1
Chattanooga, TN

I have the same problem and can't find an option to turn them off in notifications. It's making me less responsive to my notifications and also gives me a heart attack when I get three Airbnb notifications at 3am.