Looking for tips to have a well stocked kitchen

Diana2915
Level 1
Provo, UT

Looking for tips to have a well stocked kitchen

my name is Diana Wright and I am from Provo Utah. I’ve been a landlord for more than 30 years and decided to venture into the Airbnb world so far I have enjoyed it. It was fun setting up our apartment. I also have relatives that have done Airbnb’s before and they liked it.  I would like somebody to look at my listing and see where I can improve on.  I did have one person stay so far, and she commented that she wished that the kitchen was better stocked. I would like help with that as well, thank you so much

[Title updated by community manager for relevancy]

4 Replies 4
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Diana2915 

It’s a very cute apartment. In the Airbnb world the 4-star review is going to hurt seriously. She was way too harsh; she knew she was first and not an outrageous or rare mistake.
I always do my plans when stocking the kitchen first what usually comes in bigger packages. Like sugar for coffee and salt, pepper and oil. Nobody wants to pack leftovers, and they are things most people use.

Then I have like popular spices oregano, garlic and onion powder from Costco.  Nothing fancy just simple nice to have items.

Coffee maker I usually provide few pods until they can make it to store.

I supply ample dish detergent for hand washing or dish washing.

Ample kitchen trash bags.  Some people change kitchen garbage every night just a preference for them.

Cutting board, can opener, and cork screw. lol

Paper towels and napkins again just catering to people's habits.  

Then as I receive guests I always ask and notice.  The napkins I noticed though everyone was using paper towels supplied, one guest bought napkins.  On his second visit he was happy to notice I buy now and offer napkins and paper towels.

Thank you so very much for your support and input.  Ouch! About what you said on her review.  I think she was upset that they ran out of TP.  I had one on the roll and then an extra one so apparently that was not enough for four nights so this time I have one on the roll and two extra I think I’m gonna go put two more under the sink. What are your thoughts? Also I have everything in my kitchen that you said, except for I will go to Costco and get some garlic and onion powder. I do have paper towels and I do have a coffee maker and a bunch of pods sugar and creamer,  hot chocolate mix for them I have waters and some snacks like pop tarts and granola bars,

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Diana2915, I am tagging @Marie8425 here so they receive a notification of your message. This way, we increase the chances of them getting back to us.

Quick tip: To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Diana2915 

Yeah, she was very harsh some people are don't take it too bad.  Just be aware Airbnb wants you between 4.6 or 4.8 minimum so it stings.

I would suggest not negatively don't mention her but in your description elaborate in a positive way coffee supplies no need to worry.  Want to make an easy quick meal basics are supplied showing she lies without being confrontational.  Even little pluses  like cutting board and such.  Not all vacation properties have a simple 3 dollar cork screw your on vacation so you buy the 10 dollar one at the convience store usually worse than the 3 dollar one haha.

Speak in a positive way about the kitchen is stocked.  Remember to entice potential guests not to win an argument with a bad guest you won't see again.