Maximum Stay and recurring cleaning fees.

Andye0
Level 2
Venice, FL

Maximum Stay and recurring cleaning fees.

So glad to have found you! Trying to set up my listing and am stalled! I'm wanting longer staying guests. Like months! Starting with minimum stay of two weeks. Now I don't know how to fill out the part that's asking for maximum length of stay. Should I wait and get some of those 2-week stays before shooting for longer?  Also: If (when!) I DO get some longer stays, how can I charge for cleaning fees that will occur on a regular basis (like weekly or monthly?) Any recommendations?

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Build your cleaning fees into long term fees you charge @Andye0 

Put in whatever longer term length of stay works for you.

Personally I wouldn't use Airbnb for long term lets. It offers you no protection and  guests  in the US can gain tenancy rights post 30 days 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Andye0   I would not recommend using AirBnB for any stay longer than 28 days, or whatever time frame would throw the guests into a (by law) long term rental situation with extended eviction rules.  AirBnB does not guarantee payment after the first month.  If you want to have longer stays, seek the advice of a realtor and have an ironclad contract that is signed by both you and the guest (that includes payment information) and protect yourself.

When I rent long term (and I do have properties that I rent for 3-6 months) the guest is informed that there will be a cleaning/property check every two weeks, that it is conducted by either myself or a named housekeeper, and that the fee will be X dollars each time.  This is in the contract.  I would never attempt to do this through AirBnB.