Not receiving email notifications for new events?

Jigisha0
Level 2
St. Augustine, FL

Not receiving email notifications for new events?

I am not receiving email notifications for new events. The email notifications were working perfectly before, but starting today, I did not receive any. I did not change my email address or notification settings. The text messages are working fine, but not the email notifications. Does anybody know the solution? Thx

10 Replies 10
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jigisha0  Did your phone or your computer operating system update recently?  If it wasn't an update, check your settings, clear the cache, refresh the browser?  Otherwise I don't know what to say.  Sometimes notifications are glitchy.  

Frances3077
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I have had the same problem . As it is a pop3 email service, caches etc would not be the issue. I even changed the contact email to a different one with still no success. Airbnb were as usual zero help . It looks very much like this is an airbnb issue. They have done something and probably have no idea of the knock on effect. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I have the same problem this week, @Jigisha0 . I haven't been concerned, as I am still receiving notifications by app and text, but I can see that it would be a huge problem for someone who relies on the emails. 

It is not fixed here yet. Last night I got a string of messages from a (happy -- thank goodness!) guest, and none came with an email notification. 

Only the promotions ("This week in Online Experiences") come by email...

And as of this afternoon it is fixed, @Jigisha0 . At least here it is. Hope it's the same for you!

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

Unfortunately for me it has been broken for nearly 3 months.  I get an email but I do not get a text message on my phone for new events - initial booking requests or queries - the most critical communications  as if we don't answer they go somewhere else.  Interestingly, my co-hosts receive them, so I have now put it on them to tell me ASAP and I then go into my email to respond.  Glad to hear your issue as been resolved. @Jigisha0 @Lawrene0 @Frances3077 

Ah! I don't have cohosts, @Wendy117 . Maybe it is that! Ugh, no fun for you. 

Jigisha0
Level 2
St. Augustine, FL

Thanks for the responses everybody. I don't know if the email notifications are fixed now, because I did not get any new events today. I will try to report back tomorrow. It's funny because I receive promos and reminders from Airbnb in my email, just not the new event notifications. 

@Jigisha0 Thank you for starting this conversation.  Yes I noticed the same as you and figured something is broken on airbnb's end, as I have not changed anything in my profile or settings.  Perhaps there is a way to start a trouble ticket or a moderator for this forum can report it to the techs?

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

@Lawrene0 @Jigisha0 @Dave52 @tI attempted to report to Airbnb in September.  Still broken in December peak time. So hard with multiple properties.

Peter-and-Helly0
Level 2
Huntington Beach, CA

I have the same issue, no emails at all while my co host still receive all notifications via emails . Can anyone of you pls share the way how to fix it? 

Helly and Peter Family