Odors in the house

Odors in the house

Hi fellow host, do anyone have any suggestions on how to get food odor out the house? I have two days before my next guest arrives.

6 Replies 6

@Sharon1157 Hey! We invested in an ozone machine for odors and same day turnovers. Another method is booking white vinegar with baking soda it in on a low simmer. Hope that helps! 

@Storme2 Thanks for the information. Can you recommend an ozone machine?

@Sharon1157  There are several ozone machines available on Amazon for under $100 -- we use one that has a variable timer on it and run it for a minimum of 2 hours -- our cabin is small and can be cleared within that time frame, but it does necessitate a second visit to put the machine away before the guest arrives.

Thank you @Lorna170 , I order one from amazon…I’ll putting it to use as I write this. I did try vinegar, I simmered it on the stove for about 15 minutes and that took most of the smell out the house and then I simmered some Downey on the stove to get the vinegar smell out the house. Lol.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Be careful with the ozone machines. You have to leave the house while they’re running.

Lisa1247
Level 4
Brewer, ME

@Sharon1157 Use an ozone machine.  You will use it all the time.  I would not use the vinegar, the smell will hang in the air and still be there for at least a day and guests will want to know why it smells like vinegar.  I run the ozone for 120 minutes, then you leave it untouched for an hour, then open windows.  No problem.  I don't actually even open windows unless someone is needing the space immediately.  The air changes on its own, something about molecular structure.