Pool/spa controls for guest on aqualink

Answered!

Pool/spa controls for guest on aqualink

Hi all,

Recently setup one of our places to rent that has a pool. I couldn't find any pool control software that renters would use vs a home owner. We have iAqualink, but that is basically for the homeowner, not a renter.

I am hoping someone knows of a built application  for an ipad that has the limited on/off controls for guest. 

Front end part thay allows renters to start/stop things like spa, waterfalls, lights, etc. It can also set the spa temp

Backend part is only visible by property manager/me. We can set the min/max spa temps, when things should run (like filter, etc) shut off times for all things (like 10pm to 7am) and allows the pool to be heated on a schedule (if someone paid for it when they reserved)

Have anyone found software that already does this and if so what was it?

Top Answer
Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hi Daniel10437, 

We either agree on a temperature and charge accordingly, and control the temperature ourselves. However, monthly stays are required in our town, Palm Desert. We will let them have the hand held Aqualink controller. We have both agreed, In writing, they pay the gas bill for their stay. 
Lately the gas bill for heating the pool for one month, has been $2,500.00. 
It used to cost around $800.00, for one month.  Be careful of these price jumps from the Gas Company. 

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hi Daniel10437, 

We either agree on a temperature and charge accordingly, and control the temperature ourselves. However, monthly stays are required in our town, Palm Desert. We will let them have the hand held Aqualink controller. We have both agreed, In writing, they pay the gas bill for their stay. 
Lately the gas bill for heating the pool for one month, has been $2,500.00. 
It used to cost around $800.00, for one month.  Be careful of these price jumps from the Gas Company. 

Hi Debbie, 

wow that heat bill you received is pretty high. I am in fort Lauderdale FL. The highest I have received is $500.

Do you know cost of the controller ?

Hi @Daniel10437 , I am having the same issue now. Did you figure out a solution?

Hi .@Miriam829 and anyone still needing a solution to this. You can use the iAquaLink skill with an Alexa device. You just log in with your iAquaLink account that you use to access your pool settings online or in the app and your Alexa device will find the system and ask you which of the switches you want to set up. This will allow the guest to say “Turn on (or off) the Pool Spa” and any of the switches you want activated like lights, heaters, blower, water feature etc. And if you didn’t want them to be able to turn on pool heater for instance, you just don’t set up that switch. It does not allow access to temperature settings or the default time you want the pool pump to run. 

Great idea. Requiring guests to notify you each time they want to come se the spa is a nightmare for both parties. I will try Alexa. Spa on, spa off…perfect 

Forgot to add the pool has a spa/hot tub connected also. 

The management company request the pool stay at 86 degrees. 

The main issue I have is the hot tub spa controls are currently push buttons. The guest do not wait long enough for the system to switch over or they are not pushing the button sequence properly.