Preparing for guests

Answered!
Verna48
Level 2
Madison Heights, VA

Preparing for guests

When you have 3 bedrooms but you only have one confirmed guest is it customary to put sheets on all of the beds or just the main bedroom?

1 Best Answer

@Verna48 It is a little difficult to distiguish from the pics that you have three functioning bedrooms. Maybe distinguish three bedrooms a little more clearly,as one appears to be a sofa bed.... H

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would double check how many are coming. Why would one person book a three bed home @Verna48 

Could be a sign the guest is bringing more than on the booking 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Verna48  It depends on what the agreement is, but I think it makes sense that if it is a whole-house rental, and it is the same price for 1 as it is for 6, then all the bedrooms should prepared and made available to the guest equally. The guest might want to try them all out to see which one they like best, a la Goldilocks. Or they might want to sleep in a different bed every night. If the guest has paid for the whole house, then all of the bedrooms should be part of the package.

I think this is what most guests would expect, but of course as the host, you can tailor your offerings however you like. If you’re offering less than the whole house, though, or it’s varies depending on the number of guests, make sure you make that very clear in your listing.

Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

Only the main bedroom

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Verna48 Technically if your listing is for 3 bedrooms then that is what you have agreed to provide so all the beds should be made up. Most guests will only use one bedroom. We had a guest once who chose not to use the bedroom with en-suite in favour of a bedroom with different views. Perhaps the Feng Shui was better - What I am saying is you never know what a guest might want.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Verna48 My first thought would be to point out to the guest that it is a three bedroom house and ask how many people are staying. In this situation it is important to have extra guest fees. I would also mention to the guest that there are many one person places available more cheaply nearby and name some of them , if indeed this is the case. If they insist that they are staying as a solo traveller and need the extra space ,then make sure all beds are made up ,but on greeting the guest simply close the bedroom doors, show them around and ask them to 'choose whichever bedroom they may prefer"Generally people will do just that... H

@Verna48 It is a little difficult to distiguish from the pics that you have three functioning bedrooms. Maybe distinguish three bedrooms a little more clearly,as one appears to be a sofa bed.... H