Queen or Full for 10x10?

Danny627
Level 5
San Jose, CA

Queen or Full for 10x10?

We're setting up our home for the first time. It will be for a 4bds 2.5 bath space. 

Master BR - King with a sofa that converts into a Full

BR 1 - 10x10 - full

BR2 - Twin day bed with trundle to make 2x twins

For the last BR that's also 10x10, I can fit a queen but will make the space tighter.  I'm debating on if I should get a full or a queen bed.

Me personally, if it was me and my wife, the smallest I'd like to sleep on is a queen. Sacrafic space for bed comfort? 

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Danny627 I vote Queen. Who cares about the space around a bed that you only spend a few minutes in compared to the hours you spend in the bed.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Danny627  I vote for Full - think about housekeeping -- if the other beds are Full, keep it to Full across the board so that linens are easy to change.

If BR1 is the same 10x10 as BR4, why not try to fit Queens in both?  

Also -- why the sleep sofa in the Master?  Sometimes too many beds is just an invitation for people to cram in too many guests.  I have found that when your guest count is over 8, you enter into a whole new realm of bad behavior.

@Lorna170 this is actually our home. We're moving out of state for about 2 years and don't want to put the house up for long term rental so we can have a place to come back to. 

BR1 is my son's current bedroom, BR4 is utilized as my office space at the moment so it would have to be furnished hence we have the option to choose size. 

the Master BR have a retreat/reading area where we already have the convertible. My kids sometime enjoy spending the night in our room therefore we have a convertible in there. 

It's a Serta Monroe convertible which IMO is more comfortable than those pull out. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Danny627 One other thought. Guests like to be able to see a profile picture as it gives them confidence in whom they are dealing with.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Danny627 ,

What did you eventually decide on? I see that other members have diverse opinion on this! Curious to know what you ended up doing😆 or what worked the best for you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

We've decided a queen is the way to go. We were leaning towards a queen to start with but wanted to get some expert opinion. 

This is actually our home and will remain so, we just have to be somewhere else for about 2 years and did not want to lease the entire house. Hopefully Airbnb can help cover the mortage for the next 2 years. 

Learning to take decent photos now. Here is what we have for a start. Living room and dining room, 

living dining.jpgBR2.jpg

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

This is awesome! @Danny627 The ambience looks warm and cozy.😍

On a side note, even I was leaning towards getting a daybed for our condo (same as your second picture, to have an extra bedding when friends come over), but couldn't find anything reliable. Hence turned towards a futon from IKEA. 

Looking forward to see your listing getting readied! All the best🎉.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines