Salt and Pepper

Answered!
Zuni1
Level 3
West End, Honduras

Salt and Pepper

I recently find out, most guest love to have salt and pepper in the kitchen. That save them a trip to supermarket. 

What do you think? 

1 Best Answer
Brink-Properties0
Level 2
Castlemaine, Australia

I provide salt and pepper for guests plus a few other items so they don't have to buy.

Most guests don't cook but it's nice to know they can use if they want.

Doesn't cost much but it's a nice gesture. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Zuni1 

Absolutely yes!  and not just salt and pepper, Olive oil, vinegar, tea, sugar, coffee, cleaning products, soaps, clean sponges.  I also provide dishwasher tablets and laundry pods.  I always imagine someone coming from far away or overseas and staying for a few days and having to go and buy all of the above at the supermarket - can't buy any in small quantities.  Some guests won't ever use them but it's so nice for them to see you have them available.  It doesn't represent a huge amount of $$ at the end of the day but I think it will make a difference to the guest if they only have to buy their food and drinks for the duration of their stay.

Joëlle

We have a lot of Europeans visiting ( none on this site all on Booking.com)  And our laundry with the supplies is a huge bonus along with the drying rack.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Zuni1 It is always wise to provide a certain amount of basic items in the kitchen but to make a note on your listing to say 'please bring all your own food' . Salt and pepper are 'very basic' . Most westerners provide tea coffee milk sugar cocoas or soups plus oil and soy sauce tomato sauce or hp sauce etcetera etcetera.They also supply toasters and kettles and microwaves , rice cookers pots and pans crockery cutlery and the list goes on and on so , yes. as you go along you will add 'the necessities , which vary from country to country ... H

Absolutely! Having salt and pepper readily available in the kitchen is a thoughtful touch for guests. It's those little conveniences that can make a stay more enjoyable.

Rosa3309
Level 2
Austin, TX

Definitely salt and pepper. We also stock a variety of spices which guests love!

Patricio2
Level 6
Quito, Ecuador

Absolutely Yes! My guests love to have salt and pepper, specially the foreign ones

Brink-Properties0
Level 2
Castlemaine, Australia

I provide salt and pepper for guests plus a few other items so they don't have to buy.

Most guests don't cook but it's nice to know they can use if they want.

Doesn't cost much but it's a nice gesture.