Selling essential items or snacks at your space

Jijie1
Level 2
Ipoh, Malaysia

Selling essential items or snacks at your space

Hope everyone reach my post in good health and happy doing hosting in Airbnb.

I love to talk about selling essential items in my space. Let me share my place as introduction so you will imagine how i got the idea to do this activity. I am owner for small studio apartment just next to water theme park name Sunway Lost World of Tambun located at Tambun, Perak, Malaysia,Asia. This apartment is new building and new development but the theme park was established about more than 10 year.

We feel pity to our guest who ask about nearby shops because the building bit far by walking distance from shop and restaurants  So we bring mini bar at our space. Some of essential items like toothpaste, tooth brush and slippers always be left at home when we travelling. It is small thing that always come to last minute to forgot to bring. Besides that snacks like instant noodles, chocolate, nuts, can drinks and milk always be our favorite choice to our guest. We always trust our guest by paying the item with e-wallet , bank qrcode and still accept cash if they want to. We always trust our guest to pay after checking the stock every time they leaving. But please put reasonable price to the item.

Some of relative always ask about how they did't want to pay? if they took without we know? It s all about what the worth you do this to your guest. We did because we want to help our guest and feel it is helpful to them. So my advise don't put something is not worth for what you do. Please also give complimentary items like teabags, coffee, sugar and biscuits or maybe bucket of fruits and welcome card to your guest. So they will feel we as host is generous and concern about them. This gesture will return back to you as host, like they will take care of your space/house, the will watering your plants and throw rubbish by their own.

16 Replies 16

Agree dear host. Don't disappointed with profit because the selling items not profitable it just to give convenient to guest and help them . They will compliment you. However you might survey which item they love to purchase with Reasonable price. 

Dear @Bronwyn100 strictly not to sell something illegal until you get caught. Sell something that return compliments from guest. We are not run shop or groceries. Hope it will help you to get the idea. Thank you 

Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

I agree with you. It is illegal in NSW to sell alcohol without a licence.