Shower amenity

Shower amenity

Hi. I don’t see indoor shower amenity,  so I’ve always used bath instead. There is however an outdoor shower amenity. Listing pics show a shower in a bathroom. Recent guest was disappointed because she was expecting a bath. Any ideas please? Seems quite bizarre to me. Thanks.

9 Replies 9
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Adam1846 

I think it's best to leave bath unticked and rather add some clear photos of your shower to the bathroom photo folder. You can also write about the shower in the listing's description.

Thanks @Shelley159 but you can’t untick an amenity without it automatically appearing as a cross (X) which then shows up in list of amenities not provided. I prefer to be silent on amenities I don’t provide. Per Airbnb support, only way to have an amenity not appearing in provided or not provided amenities is to start brand new listing from scratch where the default position is all amenities are absent from both amenity  lists.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Adam1846,

Thanks for bringing this topic to our community.

Have you had the chance to read Shelley's suggestion? I am reaching out to our lovely Hosts @Kitty-and-Creek0@Laurelle3@Bettye6 and @Lorina14  to see how they would manage this situation.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Adam1846,

First I see you have 3 listings so I took a Iook at them all as it seems you have no tubs in any of the 3.

I agree with @Shelley159  that I would leave the bath toggled off though oddly AirBnB has it showing a picture of a bath with a shower & not every tub has a shower. I think this is a glitch that no one in design ever thought of. My daughter-in-law prefers a tub too so I do understand your guest's disappointment.

Even shower gel is listed as an amenity, LOL

I would take the pictures of your shower and have the shower emphasized in pictures, like you have in 2 of your units. Pull back that shower curtain as it does appear in your first unit that it could be a bathtub. As well write a complete description under it emphasizing that you do not have tubs. I didn't see a picture  of an outside shower as well. 

I would consider more pictures to showcase what a nice place you have!

@Paula could push this along on her end as it seems to be something that guest would need to know shower. tub or both. If they can let people you have a Hot Water Kettle I would think that showers vs tubs would be appropriate request from hosts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Bettye6 . As you point out, the pic is of bath with a shower and described as bath. It seems bizarre to me there’s an option for an outdoor shower but not an indoor one! I really don’t want to toggle bath off because it will then appear in amenities not provided list. Airbnb have confirmed the neutral position (not ticked or crossed) can not be returned to once either has been enabled.

I will take clearer pics with curtain fully undrawn. Give thanks for tip. There are spaces that are just thoroughfares such as hallway & living room but I don’t include pics because it’s off limits for guests other than a walkway.

Thanks @Paula. Please see my reply to @Shelley159 .

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Adam1846 and @Paula what a good question and it is strange that it hasn't been brought up before and pointed out. I never thought to mention that it is shower only so I will have to add this to mine. It is another reason for guests to complain in their reviews or want a refund or give a low score in reviews.. Again a great question.

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

Hi @Adam1846,

Thanks for the tag @Paula. I noticed this and just checked the bath box because there is no box to tick for a shower. There are differences between a half bath, 3/4 bath and full bath but many people may not know the difference if they are not home owners. And some cities may count a 3/4 as a full bath in listings too. So it’s best to take lots of pictures and put captions underneath to show that it is a shower so it gives no room for a guest to complain about a missing amenity (and to rank you low on it even though you had pics and all).

I take pictures of every angle of every room and give a detailed walk through in my write up so there is no mistake in how the listing reads (unless the guest doesn’t read the listing or the check in instructions completely and we have had some of those). 

Maybe the software engineers will finally add a box for shower and one for bath so people can see if there is one or both in a listing. I guess some people look forward to a bath on a vacation… especially if their place doesn’t have a bath tub.

Exactly @Lorina14 ! How can they have a picture of a tub, curtain and shower? Makes no sense!

Like a side they will have te kettle, chops sticks, etc. Make zero sense to me.

I realize that of late AirBnB pushes the very posh STR that probably have everything. Feels like kinda of a push out.

Bettye6