Spare Basement room - games room?

Harry336
Level 2
Scarborough, United Kingdom

Spare Basement room - games room?

I have a basement space that is pretty rough and ready (still concrete floor, no heating, small stairway to get to it etc) on a four bedroom airbnb near the beach in the UK. At the moment I just lock the door to enter this room as it's full of building equipment, but if I clear the space up what would you recommend putting there? It's about 4m x 4m big, there's at least one plug socket and there's also a sink - I was thinking a ping pong table or pool table maybe? Happy to hear any suggestions though.
3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Harry336 More cleaning, loss of storage and a headache on the fire risk assessment. I would leave it as it is. Does your fire risk assessment even allow it to be used for storage?

Krystal147
Level 1
New York, NY

@Harry336 assuming you're not looking to invest an arm and a leg to open up the space - I'd take a look at Facebook Marketplace to get ideas on how you can fill the space inexpensively. a games room could be a good idea because people are often trying to get rid of pool tables for cheap or free - same with workout equipment if you wanted to turn it into a little gym by adding a bench press and some mirrors or something. depending on how large the space is, you could even do both.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Harry336, just wanted to check in on what you decided to do in the end? Did you take onboard the advice shared by your fellow Hosts? 😊 It would be great if you could share with us what you eventually did!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines