Supplying restaurant information in a visual way.

Steven1482
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Supplying restaurant information in a visual way.

The home I host isn't in a vacation area so we specialize in the over night traveler which makes us the half way point to their destination. We noticed that many management companies and other hosts insist on a 2 day minimum. Since we are that half way point, one nighters are always welcome. 

When they arrive, I came up with an idea to go around town and take photos of many of the locally owned restaurants around town and have them printed on canvas to hang on the wall in the dining room with the addresses on each photo. The response has been great so far with this idea and the local restaurants really appreciate us taking that step in assisting our guest with what's available. 

We started our Airbnb in an old home that was built somewhere between 1900-1910. I visited the county archives to get as much information as I could and placed the story of the house in our guest book. There are many people out there that appreciate the value of an old historic home that dates way back. Granted, it's been a little of a struggle with a few issues here and there, but the most serious issue was our AC going out with the first guest we had in April of 2023. Embarrassing to say the least but we got through it and marched on with a new unit. It's definitely a live and learn business and I have really enjoyed communicating with all of our guests. Kindness goes a long way in the hospitality business. We could almost write a book on our experiences so far, I'm sure. Thank you for inviting me to be a member of this community. 

Dining room with photos of local restaurants on the wallDining room with photos of local restaurants on the wall35.Exterior8.jpeg

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Steven1482 Oh what a joy to host in a modern house. We were hosting in a 1750 (extended 1850) place and it was a nightmare just to keep the weather and mice out!

I like the restaurant idea - hope this give you a discount when you eat in them.