The great bed size debate

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

The great bed size debate

I recently started an Instagram for our cottage and have been following a few other hosts who also have one for their Airbnb. Yesterday there was a post where a host decried the lack of "king-size beds in rooms that would fit them" and a exhortation to ALL HOSTS to put in king-size beds (and then a description of the bedding they use themselves.)

So this got me to thinking. We recently replaced a bed but kept it a queen. Both our bedrooms have queen sized beds. We have queen beds in our own home. Arguably we could have king in our cottage upstairs but made a conscious decision to buy the same size beds everywhere in order to make it easier to change out linens.  I figure that anyone who insists on a king will pass our place by and perhaps look for a hotel where they can pick exactly the bed size they want. We tried to get the most comfortable mattresses we could find first and bed size was a distant second in consideration after that.  People seem to really think the beds are comfy and no one has said boo about the size. 

So what say you, fellow hosts? Does size matter? Do you think there should be more king-sized beds in listings? Or is far down on the list of considerations?

76 Replies 76
Liz232
Level 2
Truro, United Kingdom

KING all day long! I own 3 Airbnb places and due to guest demand we now have King in all the 6 rooms and guests LOVE it, remark on it, and come back just fir the beds. So many have them at home now and cannot bear to be 'cramped' in a Queen size which to them feels small after the comfort of the king. I myself sleep on a King and will not stay anywhere with a Queen however comfortable it may be!    I want the space and NOT to be so close to my super-heated husband so I get some quality sleep!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Liz232!

Thank you for sharing! Since this thread dates back to 2021, it might be helpful to start a new conversation by clicking "Post."

We'd love to hear more about your experience — if you've always offered king-sized beds, or did you make a switch? And if so, how has it impacted your occupancy rate and guest interest in bookings related to comfort?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen