Theme Bedrooms

Answered!
Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

Theme Bedrooms

Hello Everyone I hope this finds you well.  My 20 year old was telling me today that AIRBNB is becoming trendy here in California USA to book because different hosts are using themes to attract bookings and example would be "Disney theme"  "60's theme" "Avatars" "Superheroes" "Comic Books".. Im wondering if you do this kind of thing or have you heard of it?  The younger generation is looking for this here in California.  Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Claudia3536
Level 3
Maryville, TN

I believe if your area has a specific “craze” this would work. However it could present a drawback as well. It would have to be thought out prior to making the decision. In my case there is a huge sports fan base that are truly fanatics about the local team. On home games people come from all over and stay with tailgating, get togethers at sports bars and of course attending the game on that day. It’s a whole weekend event. I have chosen to feature the team in my decor for those specific guests to enjoy when returning to my place after the daily festivities , and remove those items when they leave. This seems to work nicely. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can do a search in your location to see if there are themed properties @Eileen462 

Personally not something  I would look to do as you'd be more likely to put off the majority who aren't looking for themed rooms .

@Helen3  Thank you for replying Helen.  I feel the same way you do, but kids are always looking for something unusual and interesting to experience lol.  I will post about it if I find some!  Smiles,  Eileen

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Eileen462,

I think it would be costly to continuously redesign a space to stay current with trends.  I know that theme houses are popular, like the Barbie House, but it will attract only a specific segment of the STR market. 

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

I think this is just a phase and everyone will get tired of it. Better just go with a simple yet modern design that will last you years and will be always actual. I prefer the lighter color like white, gray or beige and comfortable furniture.

@Sam6468   Hi Sam,  I agree  if I did a theme it would be like 1 bedroom all done in 1970s  and maybe one done in 1940 theme...smiles,  Eileen

Claudia3536
Level 3
Maryville, TN

I believe if your area has a specific “craze” this would work. However it could present a drawback as well. It would have to be thought out prior to making the decision. In my case there is a huge sports fan base that are truly fanatics about the local team. On home games people come from all over and stay with tailgating, get togethers at sports bars and of course attending the game on that day. It’s a whole weekend event. I have chosen to feature the team in my decor for those specific guests to enjoy when returning to my place after the daily festivities , and remove those items when they leave. This seems to work nicely. 

@Claudia3536   Now thats a fantastic idea!!!     Thank you for replying!  Eileen