Tip of the Week 5: Essential Amenities for an Outstanding Hosting Experience

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Tip of the Week 5: Essential Amenities for an Outstanding Hosting Experience

As we progress in our "Tip of the Week" series, I'm thrilled to delve into the amenities that can truly elevate your hosting experience. A space decked out with top-notch amenities can transform a stay into an unforgettable experience.🌻

This week's tip comes from Superhost @Lorna170 in the best practices for being a successful host thread. Lorna shared the most undervalued but important amenities that can significantly add to your guest’s staycations:

• Quality bed linens along with quality curtains and decorative throw pillow covers.
  • Bathrooms that are spotless and have quality towels.
  • Kitchen equipment for all styles of cooking.

We're eager to know: What are your go-to amenities? Maybe you've already incorporated some of Lorna's suggestions?

We’re excited to hear and learn from you all. Let's gather the essential amenities for an outstanding hosting experience, and don’t forget to give a thumbs up👍 to the best tips shared. 😊

👉 TOTW series

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

22 Replies 22
Tanya661
Level 1
Goderich, Canada

We're in a lakeside community with a lot of tourists, and we rent a self-contained apartment within our triplex.  When our guests arrive, they appreciate finding a selection of tea & coffee, some raw sugar, and a small bottle of milk in the fridge along with Brita-filtered water.  They can relax and have a cuppa before having to think about going out for groceries!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Tanya661

This is a lovely idea; you're clearly thinking from the guest's perspective! After a long trip, you sometimes only need a cup of tea or coffee. Have you ever noticed how guests often have their own preferences? Do they lean towards green or black tea, for instance? Just curious! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I've noticed they prefer black tea (Tetley).  

I also promote local coffee roasters and provide bean samples, a grinder, and French press.  That's a big hit with guests!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Great idea, @Tanya661! You are helping local businesses and offering a unique experience at the same time.

I also love buying coffee from local roasters, so your place would have surprised me 😊

-----

Karen3592
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Hi,

We have a small cottage in Sonoma County wine country with room for two. We don’t have a kitchen in the cottage however it does have a microwave and toaster oven, a coffee cart and a refrigerator. We offer a premium bottle of wine for each booking, sourced from the winery Kurt works at. We also provide two cold sparkling waters, two bottles of still water, coffee, tea and hot coco packets as well as pre packaged snacks such as, power bars, cookies, dried fruit and nuts, or crackers. I add prepackaged sugar, sugar substitute, half and half, honey and coffee mate. This gives our guests choices. 
I enjoy reading and learning about new and different ideas other hosts are doing! Thanks!

cookies and dried fruit are a great idea. Do you charge extra for the wine @Karen3592 ?

David-Thomas0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I am in the process of offering a mini-bar with several selections of commonly forgotten or needed items. Our per-night rate can not sustain any giveaways. So we added a price list to the rules in the welcome message they receive after booking and printed some menus for each room.  We did a few test trips and people love it.  

Rosemarie131
Level 2
Amarillo, TX

I offer bottled water, and various flavored drinks from the refrigerator. Also coffee and tea hot cider and hot chocolate. I have a can of cinnamon rolls for each guest they can choose for breakfast in the morning.