To hot tub or not to hot tub, this is my question

Anita368
Level 2
Sechelt, Canada

To hot tub or not to hot tub, this is my question

Hello Host Community.  

I have loved Air bnb as a guest for many years and now I have purchased a home in Nova Scotia, Canada to open as an air bnb.   People are giving me advice, and I am listening and learning.  My question to you, who are experts now in your field of hosting is, " Should I invest in a hot tub?"  What are the pros and cons, does it make a difference for successful bookings?  I am looking for any advice, ( I have been taking notes from other discussion streams).  The property is available in May 2019, so I have time to plan. 

Anita

30 Replies 30

@Jane3487   If you install a hot tub for your own use, you will have to find a way of adding a locking cover and/or enclosure to prevent guest use.  My brother-in-law has his hot tub in an enclosed screened in gazebo with decorative iron walls (looks very nice with plants) to ensure that there is no misuse of the hot tub by uninvited guests.

Be sure to advise your guests that the hot tub is not for their use, and DO NOT stray from this policy.  Once one guest promotes their special use of the hot tub, everyone else will want it too.