Weird requests

Answered!
Neil408
Level 10
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Weird requests

Hi all, this is just a fun thread but I received a really odd message a few hours ago. 

Of course, I declined the guest but I think this must rank in one of the more wackier things I’ve had to deal with. 😂😂

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I LOVE your blue bathroom @Neil408 !! 

I also hate cream/magnolia! - boring! - I've perused your listing before when you posted & think your whole place is GORGEOUS! Particularly the shade of blue in the other rooms.....

I even like your bathroom blue! - In the old photo of it being white/cream/ it looks drab & cold & boring! BLUE IS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT!!!!! (I guess a slight problem is the  old beige tiles, SO popular 10-20 yrs ago.... - Your lovely blue would go better with white tiles, whereas beige tiles  don't lend themselves to complimenting colours... except maybe sage, or red if you're being bold!

You home share... So, YOUR HOME, your taste in colours! Guests have NO BUSINESS finding fault with your colour scheme; it's YOUR home, not a hotel! - (If I was painting an 'entire place' for guests only, I'd paint the colours I thought MOST guests would like - the ghastly ubiquitous grey these days! But, Your HOME = Your colour choice!)

View Best Answer in original post

94 Replies 94

Now that is beautiful!! Love it

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Very chic!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Neil408 

Hello from over in Auckland, New Zealand where the shade of blue in your bathroom is still found in homes from time to time.

We used to have an original bathroom in the 1900's home our parents had with that same blue tone - the second image you have placed online.

It contrasts the green grass, forest & nature outside,  provides a sense of relaxation & calm & makes one feel like it's a sunny summers day in the winter & on dull days.

Those aspects all help create who we are and what mood we are in.

Bathrooms tend to be where we start and finish our day.

With your home been created in 1700's circa please keep it the colour it tis.

What colour linen do you provide as there isn't any in the photograph?

The whole tone of a room can change in an instance with accessories like linen, artworks, paintings.

Is it a bathroom you also share with your guests?

Or exclusively for your guests?

Do you have any images , or can you find any of the original home as it was in the 1700's?

If so perhaps print some off & put one on the wall in the bathroom or other rooms. 

There's nothing lost in having a play around with Artworks in a room to alter the mood of it.

Most of all, Remember,  it's the person inside a home that's most important not how it looks or what we have inside....

Neil408
Level 10
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Hello Helen. Originally these were stables (Mews) and weren't converted to apartments until 1997 / 1998

This is the only original photo I have, believed to be from around the turn of the 20th c. 

Interesting I used to live in Auckland three years ago, first in Albany and then in Torbay. Have good memories of exploring Auckland and the countryside around West Auckland. Beautiful place! Have family in Hamilton & Cambridge

a30dcab0-b3f0-4074-973f-a1ba43c4148a.JPG

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Wow @Neil408 ( you forgot to tag me!) how amazing what a small world we live in.

That's an awesome photo of the stables & yard.

Is the yard still like that?

That picture would look fabulous and stop a few in their tracks if it was printed on wood and hung where all the residents could see it & learn the history of the complex.

Historic Newspaper or photographic archives will have others.

If you look at your land title & keep going backwards using the names & details on it & then in the archives you can find those pples stories and I'm sure other photos.

Are there any laws in regards to the pavement btwn the buildings you are in or who looks after it?

It looks like it needs some flowers outside in planters...rally up the troops to break down barriers & some joy in the neighbourhood.

I haven't been to Hamilton or Cambridge recently but they always have nice gardens.

Did you hear they have taken down the Statue of Mr Hamilton & put him in storage? Same activist who caused a few problems in the past behind the threats.

We went over the bridge to the beach,  Puhoi Valley, Warkworth to the Parry Kauri Park Museum amongst other places on our travels up north in recent times.

That lengthy trip over the bridge during lockdown was a breeze!!