Wet dog smell on brand new LVP flooring

Wet dog smell on brand new LVP flooring

Hi there! I just got my first not so good review and I’m panicked. We installed brand new expensive LVP flooring. Our guest this past weekend said our house smelled like wet dogs. I washed the floor with Odoban for pets before the guests started their stay. Anyone have this problem and can anyone suggest a commercial grade lvp flooring cleaner??

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

First, relax and assses the situation.  A  Guests Review needs to be clearly looked at because  a Guest is a customer not a high paid  consultant  reviewing your rental.

1.  Your flooring is new.

Was there a pet in the unit?  If there was is there a possibility it was wet?

3.  If you could of wet dog in your rental again was a wet dog on your floors for that  amount of time to  have  caused a damaging smell?  Not the usual.

4.  Can you smell anything?  You  are looking for any unpleasant scent don't  get focused on  the adjetives describing  a smell.  Focus on is there an unpleasant smell?  If yes, then first determine why may  have nothing  to  do with the floors or  new floors  depending on the installation process did you  rent  when you  had been advised to  expect a temporary smell.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jess5753 , This is such a unique situation we've seen in the Community. Did you have the opportunity to read Marie's comment? 

Have you already been in touch with cleaners and have they suggested some best practise to tackle this problem? Please keep us posted how you are moving forward to resolve it!🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines