What is should I do with lawn care and cleaning during an Extended stay?

Answered!
Jen7645
Level 1
Goldsboro, NC

What is should I do with lawn care and cleaning during an Extended stay?

Good evening everyone!

I’m new to hosting and I have a few questions I’m hoping the community can advise on. What is the standard or best practice for extended stay guests? In regards to cleaning: Is the host suppose to just provide supplies or am I required to have it cleaned for the guest during an extended stay?

Also what is the standard practice for lawn care during an extended stay. Is it ok to have the lawn care team still maintain the lawn as scheduled and request the guest allow access to the private backyard for such a service?

Thank you in advance for your guidance! 

1 Best Answer
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jen7645 - great question!

I had a look, and while I've not found anything on lawn care, I did find this post with a few replies you might find insightful, along with this post, this post and this one too.

Hopefully these will give you a bit of an understanding of ways you can manage the cleaning and lawn care at your listing - as you'll see everyone has their own preference - so you can see what works best for you and your guests.

Good luck and feel free to come back and let us know how you get on!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jen7645 

There are already many threads on this forum about this topic. Just do a search and you will find them!

Jen7645
Level 1
Goldsboro, NC

Thanks for the info. Prior to posting, I searched the topic of extended stays, lawn care and cleaning and cleaning however;, it returned no results. Would you be able to suggest how to search for the requested information to see the potential solutions/ suggestions? Thank you in advance! 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jen7645 - great question!

I had a look, and while I've not found anything on lawn care, I did find this post with a few replies you might find insightful, along with this post, this post and this one too.

Hopefully these will give you a bit of an understanding of ways you can manage the cleaning and lawn care at your listing - as you'll see everyone has their own preference - so you can see what works best for you and your guests.

Good luck and feel free to come back and let us know how you get on!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jen7645 

There is no standard practice it's up to you as the business owner to decide.

As long as you make it clear in your listing what is being provided, that's the main thing. And if you chose regular cleaning reflect that in your pricing.

Some hosts provide cleaning equipment and products and spare linens and towels if they have a washing machine. Some go in and have regular cleans.

If you need someone come in to do the gardening every X weeks/months then tell the guests that up front in the listing and agree a regular day/time with guests.

Bronwyn100
Level 9
Hardys Bay, Australia

Hi. Definitely maintain the lawn. However if you give a discount and provide a washing machine and dryer then I wouldn’t disturb the guests. Normal clean when they leave.