What is your dream listing upgrade?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What is your dream listing upgrade?

10c08cd85795a9c72cec.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Decorating or making improvements to our home is very important,  which is why I have spent some time doing so in my own place, though I haven’t finished decorating yet ever since I moved into my new home in 2020. I very much enjoy looking at other people’s ideas on decoration, especially here in the Community Center. Depending on the ideas that I find here, I sometimes consider applying them to my home as well! 😃

What do you dream of adding to your home? Or maybe there's something you were dreaming of that you've added recently, especially for those who have renovated or are renovating their home?

Personally, I would love to build a wintergarden on one of my terraces, and perhaps add some solar panels!

I hope you all have a great day, 

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

29 Replies 29
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Big solar array and car charger. We are one of a few houses in our area that offers AC in a very sunny location; would love to off-set the added expense of running it.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds like a great idea @Lenore22! I'd love to have some solar panels as well! 

-----

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Quincy   My unrealistic dream is to put the 1910s fireplaces back, the chimney is still there, but I think that would be cost prohibitive because the fireplaces themselves were all taken out decades ago.  My more realistic dream is to install granite counters in the kitchen and a more spa-like shower/tub installation, possibly one of those scotch showers with multiple shower heads.

Oh also, a more expensive but still realistic dream is to put stairs and a balcony+small deck to allow for direct access to the back yard from both our apartment and the airbnb.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds lovely (and expensive) @Mark116!

-----

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Quincy,

Like @Lenore22, solar power would be a great addition.  We have a few e-bikes that we're thinking of renting to guests, and it would be great to have a paved path from the road that's down the hill to our guesthouse.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds like a great idea @Debra300 😃. The solar energy acquired will go back right to the e-bikes!

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy 

My house has been a major renovation project and, apart from restoring the staircase, which no one seems to want to take on, every part of the interior has already been transformed. There is constant maintenance to do though, which is far less exciting but unfortunately necessary in such an old house. That means I never really have the time nor budget to do the more fun stuff.

One day though, I would love to have the back garden redesigned landscaped. It's a small space but I am sure it could be much more interesting and also maybe more functional. It's a walled garden, mostly covered with very ugly crazy paving. On either side, there skinny flower beds and then a wonky raised brick section at the back and a massive mound in the corner where a tree used to be. None of it seems to have been done with any kind of design in mind! 

When I bought the house, there wasn't much planted in the beds which were piled high with stony soil and building waste, but the garden was still seriously overgrown. There was so much random earth there that I didn't even know there was paving underneath. I had tonnes of it removed.35805_409438846882_7424437_na.jpg35805_409438826882_3369823_n.jpg

Since then, the back wall has been rebuilt using reclaimed yellow brick but the right hand wall still needs doing (a very costly job) and the tree has gone as it was problematic for a number of reasons, as has the ivy that was invading from the neighbour's garden. I have planted a lot in the beds, but it's not that sunny and I'm not a skilled gardener, so it's been a bit hit and miss as to what survives!  I've add a table and chairs and far too many pots 🙂

So, I am trying to make the most of what I have but would love to see what a professional could do with it.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love these before and after photos @Huma0! I know you've been doing a lot of renovation in and around your property for the last few years. It's just amazing to see all these changes! 

Looking forward to more photos once you've decided to have changes made by a professional 😃!

-----

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Quincy  Great topic!  I would love to expand the master suite and add a sauna and a sitting room.  But that would mean ripping out the wall behind the bed in the picture and moving that part of the house back into the yard.  I'm sure it's possible, but I don't know if or when I would have time and budget to do it.

TF_master_bedroom_small.JPG

Meanwhile, I'm renovating my kitchen and master bath in my apartment in New York, and adding a small sauna to the bathroom.  It means taking out the bathtub, which I rarely use, but I'll get a walk-in shower and the sauna, so it's a great trade-off for me.  Next winter I'll be sauna-ing like crazy!

@Ann72  Did you ever consider a steam shower?  I wonder if it is possible to do both, steam shower and sauna?  

Ooohh, good call, @Mark116!  I do have a steam shower in the cottage across the way, and it's great.  But with hair that frizzes in the steam I don't use it as much as I think I would a sauna 🙂  Still, something to consider, as guests love it.  I definitely don't want to add a hot tub or anything that requires a lot of maintenance and carries liabilities!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm getting jealous of that sauna @Ann72

-----

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Quincy 

My dream listing upgrade Quincy is, a new  bed!!!

I put the best bed I could find into my listing but, it has been abused and some of its functions don't work anymore. I had one guest complaint that the massage function stopped working while she tried to raise the head of the bed while the massage motors were running.....Jesus wept, what are you actually expecting out of a bed in a rental facility for christ sake!!! The fact that the bed has motors in it is not a licence to find out at wot point they will break! 

The bed has been great, it has been responsible for many of my good reviews but, after getting a bit tired I would love to replace it with a state of the art electric bed  that hopefully......guests can't destroy!

Cheers........Rob

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that it stopped working @Robin4! I know that those beds come at quite a price, so hopefully you'll be able to find one that is indestructible 😃

-----