What is your preferred towel color?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

What is your preferred towel color?

I am forever going back and fourth between lush white with ability to bleach and darker colors that hide stains but often bleed in wash so have to be washed separately and then look tired.

68 Replies 68
Justine330
Level 2
Marietta, GA

I use towels to match the decor of the apartment...turquoise / light blue.  I do provide white wash cloth and hand towels for those that prefer this for their faces.

Christine3851
Level 2
Satellite Beach, FL

We use navy/royal blue (solid, not patterned) which fits the decor of the bathroom and doesn't show stains. I did buy thick, fluffy Egyptian cotton towels for a luxurious feel. And if the whole space is spotlessly clean, the implication of white towels (cleanliness) isn't really needed. No one's ever complained, but we get many complements about the fluffy towels and decor in the bathroom 🙂

White

Diana2506
Level 2
Beech Forest, Australia

I clour match my towels to each bedroom's decor. I have quality linen quilt covers and match the towels to each one - very plain dark green in one bedroom, plain pink in another two - and guests comment on the quality and that I've matched the towels to the decor. I do use white sheets tho through a linen service here in Australia

Sarah5509
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

We do the same. Our Seychelles, lush tropical, beach location is a vibrant  backdrop and we choose colourful towels to complement the environment, decor and bed linen. 

I have no particular preference, but if pushed I would choose pale blue

Edward798
Level 2
Kennesaw, GA

I prefer dark grey  or even a light grey.  Stains are less visible. 

Bernadette466
Level 2
Nashville, TN

White bleach everything plus colors fade

Roslyn52
Level 2
Eugene, OR

tan or deep green

I prefer color!😀

Kelley3
Level 4
Long Beach, CA

I prefer navy blue; make-up does not stain and it doesn’t get yellowed or fade much. 💙

Kelley Hartwyk
Sheila803
Level 3
Lancaster, CA

I went with dark gray and black towels. You only can bleach so much before the towels and sheets start falling a part and getting holes in them.

Joseph1980
Level 2
Punta Gorda, FL

I use white for the bath from Sams Club....GREAT bath towels for 6.99 .  Black for dish towels.  White sheets.  Oh a trick I learned years ago....Hydrogen peroxide gets blood out of white sheets. That happens once in a while.

Hi @Inna22 ,

I mostly have white towels but I can't remove the stains of sunscreen lotions 🧴 ( Bleach isn't enough), so I started replacing them with sand grey color. 

They look great!

Nisha285
Level 2
Gurugram, India

I think white towels are best for both me and my guests. They show dirt easily, so we can be sure they're clean and hygienic. White is always the most sanitary colour for towels.

Phatthawan0
Level 1
Pa Tong, Thailand

I prefer white for my guest. 
and dark brown for beach towel