What items do you stock your listings bedside table with?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What items do you stock your listings bedside table with?

51800058-18.jpg

Hello everyone,

Deciding what to leave for your travellers is quite an art. Apart from things like toilet paper, sheets (if you offer them), soap, salt, tea/coffee, and other such products that I've seen you mention on CC, I don't think I've seen anyone discuss what they leave on the bedside table.

Do you leave certain things for your travellers in the bedside table? If so, what do you leave for them?

Tell us all about it below! 😊

Have a great day,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

56 Replies 56
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anonymous I don't put power strips on the bedside table but I agree that it's important to have a power socket close to it for guests' phones, lap tops etc. I also have adapter plugs in every room but found that that's the one thing that guests accidentally take with them so I had to put stickers on them, which has worked. A universal charging station is a bit more fancy, but makes total sense.

@Huma0   It's about 20 bucks well spent, when your guests are mostly international travelers. They love it.

In a typical old German apartment like mine, power outlets tend to be inconveniently located for anything with a short cord. Every time I stay somewhere here that's not a modern hotel, I wind up having to either move furniture to plug my phone in, or leave it charging on the floor. Sometimes I have to unplug the bedside lamps, or my partner and I have to charge our devices in shifts. It's an extremely minor inconvenience, total First World Problem, but it's such an easy problem for hosts to solve that I'm amazed so few of them do it. It's just the kind of detail where you see the generation gap between the average innkeeper and the average web-platform guest.

We found a small side table on line with built-in charging port and electrical outlet as well as a lamp. The table plugs into that inconvenient outlet behind the sofa. We also got a small alarm clock with built in UCB ports for charging devices. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

sex toys and a bible

just kiddin' 😄 😄 😄

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Branka-and-Silvia0 😂

-----

😂😂💕

😅😂🤣😂😇

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Quincy  I had fun curating this little stack of books to put next to the bed in the cottage where I get a fair number of honeymooners and anniversary celebrants:

IMG_5637.jpeg

@Ann72  Of course you inspired me to curate a stack of titles for the opposite effect.

DSC_1439 (2).jpg

But I no longer leave books in the guestroom unless I'm ready for them to fly away.

😂😂😂 @Anonymous!  I think we can go on having fun with this.  But before I make a new stack  I’ll have to get a copy of this book to add to the one above:  https://www.amazon.com/Chose-Wrong-Guy-Gave-Finger/dp/0312599129

@Anonymous  For opposite effect too...L’amor dure trois ans .from Frederic Beigbeder 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I see what you did there @Ann72 👀

-----

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A Roberts radio (the first one was stolen by a guest, so this has an Apple Tag inside) and a bottle of water. The plugs over the bed have chargers. Hate clutter. 

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 18.30.05.png

Susan4556
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Each bedside table has a lamp with 2 USB ports in the base, a coaster, and a pair of ear plugs.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Quincy You will have to stay to find out H