What makes your listing family-friendly?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

What makes your listing family-friendly?

58770625_John_Asheville_01375.jpg

Hello hosts! 👋

As hosts, we know how important it is to provide a comfortable and welcoming space for families travelling with children.

So, here's my question to all of you: What are some of the things you do or amenities you offer to make your Airbnb listing family-friendly?

Do you have a cosy play area for kids, a well-stocked kitchen with child-friendly utensils, or perhaps a selection of board games and toys for little ones to enjoy? Maybe you have a spacious backyard where kids can run around and have fun.

Comment below and let us know what makes your Airbnb listing family-friendly. Share your unique ideas, personal stories, and any challenges you may have faced.

Can't wait to hear your amazing suggestions and stories. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

6 Replies 6
Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

I have a high chair, 2 children’s cane chairs & table on the deck, books, games, Xbox , toy box, kite, beach toys and a bath tub. 

Hi @Rebecca ,

We have curated a great collection of board games, puzzles and books for a range of ages/skills. Our book selection, especially for young readers seems to get some good attention as observed by how often the stacks are re-organized. We also have a great selection of art materials.  We try to emphasize that we offer a nice selection of 'non-screen' entertainment. For outdoor entertainment, we keep tennis & pickleball rackets and some sand toys & floats for a lake beach outing. One of the challenges is keeping these items organized and in good shape. Once a game box/instructions have been damaged or pieces go missing the game is no longer viable and while we try to keep up with the care of these items it is sometimes hard to catch when things are in need of repair/replacement.  We have added some messaging asking guests to please help keep things in good shape but every once in a while we get a particularly destructive guest/child and it is disheartening to see how things are treated sometimes.

Shaun517
Level 2
Huntsville, AL

We stock several popular board games that appeal to families of all ages; Life, Battleship, etc. Like other hosts have mentioned, it's sometimes challenging to find missing pieces, but so far we've not received any complaints and if we notice the stack moved, we'll give them a quick check. We also provide many magazines with very interesting articles for the reading ages; National Geographic, wildlife books, and local magazines. Our new studio  loft master closet/bedroom is perfect for kids and we've seen it all- blanket fortresses, board games, etc enjoyed while the adults can watch movies in the adjacent master bedroom.

We also maintain a beautiful tranquility pond with fish, frogs, and other wildlife which families with kids seem to love spending time enjoying. In fact, I've met several of the guests and invited their kids to feed our fish since it requires daily maintenance, though brief visits lasting less than 10 min. The fenced backyard is a great size with an open area for games with kids and we've seen volleyball nets, cornhole, horseshoes, etc setup and played by guests.

Hello,

I am an occupational therapist by trade.  I have stacking bins of interesting toys and puzzles marked for suitable ages (2-4 years old, 5-7 years old) and a closet with 8 and above board and outdoor games. 

Tammy

Hi I'm going to answer this a little differently to others. And get on my hobby horse!

We are family friendly property. Infact, we have a whole toyroom dedicated to kids, plus we have outdoor play areas for kids and 2 tree swings and 2 bikes etc. And I separate the toys out from pre schoolers to primary schoolers (in different areas). It's heaven for kids. Plus high chairs. Plus plasticware for kids etc.

However,  I can't tick the 'family friendly' search box because we don't have aircon. It's one of the criteria! We are an eco designed property and we are in a cool climate, so we don't need aircon! 

Also, we don't provide change tables (bloody dangerous buggars if you ask me that just take up space), nor do I provide a cot. Most car based travellers will BYO anyways. And I refuse to clean up the vomit and do all the linen associated with a cot, let alone the safety requirements of a cot these days (I do not want to be responsible for that). I remember what my babies were like...

So please airbnb, how about revise what's defined as family friendly!

Christopher1560
Level 2
Greenville, SC

We actually have plates and cups that kids can't break. We also cater to young infants with covers on plugs, a high chair, and pack and play. Additionally, we have games for kids.