What makes your listing location truly special?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

What makes your listing location truly special?

14669734_40 (1).jpg

Hi everyone!

While booking for a stay, guests often look into the listing location — whether it's surrounded by scenic beauty (mountains or lakes), nearby local attractions or if your listing is located in the heart of the city.  

I'm really curious to hear from our hosts — whether it's a stunning view, rich local culture, or hidden gems that only locals know about! What is special about your listing location? 

Looking forward to reading your comments 😍

Kind regards,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

117 Replies 117
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

This is so exciting @Brooke421 ! Looks like all your listings offer different locations and stay experience. How many listings do you host on Airbnb?

Which listing is the most occupied among others?  As per your observations — do guests prefer coastal front properties or listings with mountain views?

-----

Hi @Bhumika ,

Our holiday home is in the Adirondack Park, a six million acre park dotted with lakes, quaint towns and gorgeous forest and mountain vistas. We are located in the village of Lake Placid, New York, home to two winter olympics, and our property sits across from Mirror Lake and enjoys wonderful lake views.

Lake Placid, as a former olympic location maintains it's winter sports character with a very active ski jumping complex, speed skating oval, bobsled run, hockey rink/ice events and we are just 15 short minutes from world class skiing at Whiteface Mountain.  We enjoy annual sporting events and are a go-to destination for training and competitions.  And that's just winter.

Summer is fantastic - hiking, fishing, enjoy a lake beach, boating, paddling, golfing, relaxing-with-the view! Lake Placid hosts an Ironman, bike races, fishing competitions, marathons and more.

Our cultural center pulls in a wonderful assortment of entertainment and the area hosts an inspiring annual film festival.

Fall leaf peeping is fantastic too. Our fall vistas are stunning.

SO.MUCH.TO.DO!

We are just a short stroll into town for great food, a fun pub crawl, great local coffee spots and ice cream too.

You are all invited!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Greystone0 , your listing location sounds incredible — especially with the perfect blend of outdoor activities and winter adventures 😍 

Do you have often have repeat guests who come back to enjoy the retreat in different seasons? 

Do share with us a picture of the fall vistas 🍁 I bet it must be a breath taking sight 😍

-----

Hi Bhumika,
I think depending on where I am traveling I first want to find an updated, cozy, tastefully decorated listing with the amenities that I find necessary.  If it also has amazing views or is in the center of a town square... I am sold.  I would rather stay in a listing that makes me feel like it is in great condition, very clean, and yet still very comfortable.  We recently found it in Amsterdam, though the 4th floor with no elevator put a little bit of a dampor on things. lol, I created my listing on cozy-comfort. It does have a view and has definitely been a work in progress. 

Kindest regards,
Jamie37-web-or-mls-DSC06693.jpg

228-web-or-mls-DJI_20240311190213_0452_D-HDR.jpg

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Jamie600 , what a gorgeous listing! The views from the balcony are absolutely stunning 😍 

I like the fact how you've made sure to put photographs of the beautiful view (giving a 360 view😉)

How did you design the interior? Did you get inspired from any places you've visited? 

I noticed that your listing was featured in Forbes 🎉 It must have been such a proud moment for you! Did you receive more bookings after being featured in Forbes?

-----

Awww, You are too kind. Thank you. 💛 I just made sure I had everything I may want in an Airbnb, plus I continue to learn from guests as I go along.  I just got lucky things went together... for a cozy feel. * I hope. lol, I did get inspiration from an Airbnb in Deer Valley Utah.  It had the softest duvet covers I have ever felt. Just heaven. Jennifer Adams Eternal duvet covers. I found them for a great price at Costco. It is a game changer. 

I was in a top 10 Airbnb blog that was copied by Forbes dot com which was the best thing to happen to me. I do believe that it drives more bookings 💯.  I am beyond grateful for that. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow @Jamie600 ! Quite a journey 😍 Very well deserved recognition 🎊 🎉 

It's great to hear that you put so much thought into the listing and continue to learn from guests. Which is the best feedback you ever got , that has been a game changer in helping you improve your listing?

Haha, next time I visit Costco, I'll look out for the soft duvets you've just mentioned 😉 Thanks for the tip 💡

-----

Eric6961
Level 2
Algonquin, IL

The highlight of “Lakeside Getaways” is the lake front location which offers great views, a large level lake front lot where families can enjoy the outdoors, play outdoor games such as corn hole, croquet.  We also have a dock with a bench where guests can sit and watch the sunrise while enjoying their morning coffee or sunset with their evening cocktail.    

The lake is know for great fishing which attracts a lot of fishermen.   We also have a boat lift to make it easy for fishermen who can put their boat in when they arrive at our place and they don’t have to take it out until the they are ready to leave at the end of their vacation.    

We have kayaks for families who want to try kayaking and an outdoor fire pit just 20 feet of the water for evening fires and roasting marshmallows.   

inside is completely renovated and includes a bar which is next to floor to ceiling windows providing a great view of the lake.   Also have a large outdoor patio with ample seating and an outdoor dining area.   

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow @Eric6961 , I had a look at your listing photos and am impressed by the scenic views near you 😍 Love the sunset picture 🌄

What is the fall season like around your listing? 🍁

Do you charge any additional fees for the kayaks?

-----

Nel5251
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

What makes our nine (9) properties extra especial are the following:

1. The nine (9) properties listed in AIRBNB - are located in the heart of the City of Manila and walking distance to NAIA International Airport Terminals both arrival and departure.

2. The property is open 24/7 and very convenient to arriving and departing international  passengers . 

3. Only ten (10) minutes to the biggest MALL - MOA or Mall of Asia

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Sounds like a prime location @Nel5251 😍 Have you found that having flexible check-in and check-out times attract more bookings for your listing — given the fact that it's located near the airport?

-----

I think so but I do not know How to do it since I am already Senior Citizen and having a hard time in the latest Technology of computer. I wish someone in Airbnb Will Help me do that because I have so many vacant large units right now that can be availed of on a low prize by Departing and arriving passengers.

Hilary279
Level 2
Cape St Francis, South Africa

Sandown is special with its panoramic sea view, total privacy, short path to the beach, and sea-view barbecues.