What sofa bed do hosts buy for guests?

Moshud-Ahmed0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi All 

I was hoping you can help. 

I am based in the UK. 

I am new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

As I am new I need to keep costs down so my question is: 

Please keep in mind space is minimal.  

Ideally something that pulls out as from reading some posts i can see that guests do not put sheets out and stain the sofa which will start costing more in future. 

I have been checking and they are very expensive so wanted to see if anyone has any links to reasonable priced sofa beds. 

If this is not an option could I use an air mattress, what will be the pro's and cons to this. 

As mentioned any help would be appreciated. 

Thank You 

Mosh 

[Tittle updated by OCM]

8 Replies 8
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Moshud-Ahmed0 

Your apartment is very cute.  If you think of an lopen full size sofa bed, your living space set up is not convenient.  Access to use kitchen facilities is just mildly cramped so the Guests have to fold it up ( work lol) to enjoy your beautiful apartment.

Since your description talks about couples or solo travelers, I am guessing your trying tgo accommodate the occasional 1 child.  

In Hawaii Space is always limited haha.  I don't know if available in  your country but I know in the US Amazon offered what in  Hawaii we all have just for visiting relatives,  Foldable Futons It is a sleeping mattress that just unfolds and to clean up folds as a cube.  Something on that idea may be better than  a sleep sofa for my 8 year old.  It also is easy to put in the bedroom instead of main room  if the child wants to be  near parents.-

Thanks @Marie8425 for your advice, wanted to offer a bed for adults as I have had many requests for adults staying on sofa. 

Feel bad saying No so was trying to accommodate. 

@Moshud-Ahmed0 

Look if offered in your country because not huge but not tiny.  Probably length wise about a twin bed length width is probably just a guess maybe 1/3 less than a twin bed.  I wouldn't suggest long term but I have had adults use for a week with no complaints.  I am sorry gave the impression for kids, nno in Hawaii we don't usually have guest rooms.  So this is just normal ha-ha

@Moshud-Ahmed0 

Just one other thing you should consider.  Is why someone wants to book 3 adults in a beautiful but small property not really designed for more than a couple.  Usually you are cheaper then an appropriate listing, so 1 night sure I am cheap at times too.  A 7 night stay of 3 people trying to use your listing for 2 people is going to result in them saving money.`Your review is not based on how much money the Guest saved,, your review will be based on  the comfort and quality 3 adults experienced living in  your apartment for a week

So true which is why I need it to be comfortable to increase my rating. 

Thank you 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest you invest in a quality sofa bed rather than going for the cheapest. 

as you know in the UK there are a large number of department stores and furniture shops offering sofa beds so have a look online for sofa beds within your budget and style of the rest of your property @Moshud-Ahmed0 

Hey Helen

Doing just that but prices are sooo expensive. 

Will keep looking. 

Thank you 

Mosh 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Moshud-Ahmed0 Generally 2nd hand sofa beds and sofas are almost worthless. If you look on Facebook marketplace there is every chance you will find a high quality bargain. You may of course need to also find a man with a van to get it delivered but it will still be very cheap.