Where do you source your Hosting supplies and furnishings?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Where do you source your Hosting supplies and furnishings?

5c35fa99_original.jpg

When sourcing supplies and furnishings for your Airbnb, it's important to consider your budget, the style and theme of your property, and the needs of your target guests. Additionally, always ensure that any items you purchase or use in your Airbnb property meet safety and quality standards.

You can shop online from places like IKEA, Amazon and Wayfair. They offer a wide range of furnishings and supplies that can be easily ordered and delivered to you.

You can purchase furniture, linens, and other supplies from local retailers such as department stores, home stores and even some supermarkets! You can shop around and physically inspect items before buying them.

If you’re someone with a creative flair, you may choose to create your own furnishings and decorations. This can add a unique and personal touch to the property.

Where do you source your hosting supplies and furnishings? Do you have any tips, tricks or advice to share with the wider community?

Feel free to share any photos of your favourite home items or any handmade decor, it may give another host some much needed inspiration! 📸

Thanks,

Sophia

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

15 Replies 15
Amber718
Level 2
Lafayette, CA

My suggestion is warehouse stores with memberships have paper goods, linens, and furniture with good return policies. After my co-host and I surveyed furniture stores, most dressers and tables are expensive and cheaply made. Veneer over particle board usually does not last long without permanent damage from water stains, scratches or other mishaps. We wanted some items that would last and not need replacing often. Used higher quality pieces from local consignment stores were woven in because they are real wood items and so far they have been the best purchases in our rental. Artwork and artificial plants came from discount home goods stores, Target, and clearance sections in higher end furniture stores. 

We get them from different sources.  One of them is Ikea and other small local vendors in Manila, Philippines.

Carlos4953
Level 1
San Bernardino, CA

Usually I order from EBay. When I started I want the best but now I don’t sure what todo because I see some guess take what they like and later give  bad rating to see you bad

My idea is discount stores with enrollments have paper products, materials, and furniture with great merchandise exchanges. After my co-host and I reviewed furniture stores, most dressers, and tables are costly and economically made. Facade over molecule board typically doesn't keep going long without extremely durable harm from water stains, scratches, or different disasters. We needed a few things that would endure and not need supplanting frequently. Utilized better pieces from nearby transfer stores were woven in because they are genuine wood things thus far they have been the best buys in our rental. Craftsmanship and counterfeit plants came from rebate home merchandise stores, Target, and freedom areas in better quality furniture stores.

We are looking to replace our queen sleeper sofa in our rental. The guests have consistently said it is uncomfortable to sit on. We want to have a sleeper sofa that is both comfortable to sleep on and sit on. Any suggestions?

We get the bed linen from Harry Corrys in Tralee and furnishing from a local Pat Nolan furniture store in Listowel and also M J Carroll in Listowel.

Letamnin0
Level 3
Easton, PA

I shopped Amazon.  I copy hotel style when I do my stays.

Carole997
Level 2
Tanilba Bay, Australia

We found most of our timber furniture on facebook marketplace and restored (stripped, sanded, restained) the pieces.  We also got a great leather lounge with chaise (with a double sofa bed) on facebook marketplace in perfect condition and it set us back $1k (awesome value).  For linens, we opted to get better quality (good quality cotton and linens) so purchased it from Pillowtalk - virtually every guest has commented that the quality is lovely.  Overall, warm neutral colours, but definitely white sheets as they can be bleached.  Rustic stoneware for plates, bowls, etc (MyHouse) and glassware from Kmart (if they break something it's minimal to replace).  

Rebecca2101
Level 1
Rapid City, SD

I personally source furnishings and houseware items from various places.  I want guests to feel comfortable and at home so I ensure I provide high quality products, such as, Pampered Chef in the kitchen along with Fiestaware, My Pillow Sheets and Pillows, White towels, Spa towels, Pillow top mattresses with memory foam toppers, and a variety of vintage pieces.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sophia we used a combination of Facebook marketplace and two local antique furniture auctions to furnish our place. Depending on which apartment we were putting things in we painted some and left other pieces as they were. It feels sacrilegious to paint a 200 year old piece of furniture so some of the better pieces we have left original. Prices were stupid - The dining table cost £20 and is solid oak, Wardrobes for £50 usually solid mahogany. Pretty much the only new pieces were the mattresses for the beds.

Nadine815
Level 2
Stanford, CA

I actually have found that a website called liloshop.io has almost everything in one place. Their prices are pretty good, their service is amazing and they have the full selection from shampoo to towels to hand clippers. Amazon - I have had trouble with because the quality is hit or miss and reviews are not as reliable as they used to be. I do buy some items from fb marketplace (like furniture) - cheap and cool items but a hassle. Try liloshop.io. 

I love liloshop.io! Great interface, very responsive support team! They found even what I was missing and could not find immediately on the site. My recommendation!

Yuh57
Level 1
Sunningwell, United Kingdom

Is this only for Us ?

Zaccary0
Level 1
Woodbury, NY

Check out printsbythewolf.com - they have quality pieces and offer bulk discounts