bedding

Jon3948
Level 1
Wauwatosa, WI

bedding

Hey everyone!  This is my first post and I apologize for the "newby" questions in advance haha.  I have been searching the web for hours to find the best bedding for my air bnb. There are so many opinions and I'm not sure who to trust.  I'm looking for quality, but I don't want to break the bank. Does anyone have any recommendations on brand/ bedding?  Thank you in advance! 

21 Replies 21
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0  so my hack for that situation (which I know all too well!) is to sew a tiny bit of coloured thread on the middle button/hole, so you know if you're on the right track! 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 

To be honest, I don't really have a problem with doing up the buttons straight. I have made so many beds now, I kind of go into zombie mode when I do it! 🙂

Michelle3317
Level 1
Dundalk, MD

I have been reading some Airbnb blogs on Pinterest. They recommended the Zinus Bamboo Mattress or the Linenspa memory foam and inner spring mattress on Amazon.  They have good reviews. We just settled on a property today and thankfully the owners had really good memory foam/hybrid mattresses. Her Pinterest page has a lot of links to get hotel quality linens and towels. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Jon3948 

Remember the best bedding has to go hand in hand with the Best Bed - make sure it's fit for purpose - Guests come in all different shapes, sizes - heights and weights.

Make sure you also from time to time place the bed, especially the mattress if it has springs in it, on it's side and give it a good shake all the way as it helps keep the springs in place, and shifts those that are out of alignment back into line.

All the best with your new adventure

I stay away from all white. Calming patterns work great or dark blue/grey. Serta has $15 super soft sets.

3 complete sets (yes even comforter) per bed is good to have. A lot of guests appreciate the extra comforters too. 
 Mattress toppers for comfort and mattress cover (but not the plastic one those feel horrible)

Overall, go with what you would love as a guest and I always recommend an actual bed frame -do not use those metal frames on wheels. i’ve seen many rentals in Florida with minimal furniture and everything‘s movable/easy to clean for hosts which does not feel welcoming at all for guests. Happy hosting!

Michelle3325
Level 2
New York, NY

Mellanni sheets are a very popular choice of many hosts. They have a small amount of microfiber for smoothness and durability but feel like 100 % cotton. 

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Better Homes & Garden hotel sheets at Walmart are really nice and thick. I always try to buy patterned sheets.

Mattress toppers are also very important. A good mattress topper can transform a mattress.

I always buy waterproof/bed bug proof mattress and pillow protectors. I buy all of these things from Walmart; they have the best pricing.

Costco is really good for towels.

Multiple sets for each bed is also a good idea.