is Airbnb hiding guest bad reviews from future hosts by manipluating guest profiles?

is Airbnb hiding guest bad reviews from future hosts by manipluating guest profiles?

I have discovered 2 guests that  I have given bad reviews to that the information is not being reflected accurately under the guests profile.

One guest the review shows up but shows she has 2 reviews both 5 star I most defiantly did not give a 5 star review. It was 1-3.

She wanted to cancel midway through her stay because of a family emergency and when Airbnb did not approve her cancellation immediately, she tried to lie about cleaning issues in order to use that as reason to get a refund. She filed a bogus resolution center claim. I ultimately did approve her refund. I cant stand guest who lye and try manipulate the sysytem.

The other guest staged pictures and sent them the night before check out and demanded a full refund for his 4 night stay. Again he was most indefinitely was not given a 5 star review, and his review had warnings to other hosts of his actions. 

The review showed up but it showed all 5 stars. Now the review is gone and he is still showing up as a 5 star guest again he only had 2 reviews.

Is Airbnb manipulating guests reviews so that future hosts wont read the bad reviews?

Why are bad reviews being hidden from other hosts and the star rating manipulated.?

The more I dig into this the worse it is. the 1st guest when I check the review I posted about her, the page says she did not leave a review but she did.

There is something very fishy going on with this. CS says they can see the reviews on their end and agree that I did not give them 5 stars, but refuse to answer me directly about how the guest still has 2 reviews, both 5 star, yet I never gave them 5 stars.

We as hosts have to endure scamming guest who lie about the situation in reviews and when we post negative reviews about guest, they are hidden, removed and manipulated.

Are we as hosts being manipulated so our guests  bad reviews we post disappear?

18 Replies 18

Thanks @Helen744

According to CS they are telling m the stars the can see are not what I can see. He only has 3 reviews and it shows him as 5 stars and I gave 1-3 stars. Its impossible for him to have a perfect 5 star review.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Shaun124, when I look at my past guest's profiles I don't see how many stars they got from me or what is their average rating. All I can see are written reviews they got from hosts.

I manged to find the guest star rating initially, it said 2 reviews and 5 stars. If I was one of the 2 that gave them a review and i did not give them 5 stars, then its impossible for them to have a 5 star review.

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

As I posted earlier in this thread, the negative review I had written for my extortionist guest had been reinstated.  I have since discovered the review has been removed yet again.

Once again, I complained to Customer Service. This time the cubicle dweller at CS says, "Once a review has been removed, we can't put it back."  Considering it was reinstated when I complained the last time, it's pretty obvious the CS person is straight up lying to me.

If that doesn't tell you that AirBNB cares more about keeping bad guests than good hosts, I don't know what does.  Disgusting.