new home owner and planning to list bedrooms on airbnb, preventive measures towards problematic guest as a host

Answered!
Andre13456
Level 1
Lancaster, CA

new home owner and planning to list bedrooms on airbnb, preventive measures towards problematic guest as a host

I recently purchased a home in California and want to list my additional bedrooms on airbnb, I have done property management in the past and know how people can be volatile. I know in the usa we have the FHA and my home is in a neighborhood that has no HOA. So no constant complaints from regulatory agencies. I was planning on 45-50$ a night as my rate. However during escrow I stayed in a airbnb and we had issues were prostitutes would bring in other criminals and I would prefer to keep this type out of my home, as im a attorney in real life. we had to get the PD to patrol the neighborhood to get her out of the home as well as her John. As it violates state law. I want to keep these types out of the home. looking for advice. 

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Andre13456 there are a range of ways to maintain the integrity of your place. Look through some of the questions and answers using the search bar above. Put in IDs or unwelcome guests  . This coversation has been discussed ad infinitum . I am sure you will find plenty of good advice. Its about prevention nine times out of ten and boils down often to the skill of the host or co host and communication communication . Generally do not use Instant book until you are used to how things are running. Get to know your dashboard . always have a close trustworthy co host... do not think this is a 'hands off gig' all the best ... H

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andre13456 First thing you needs a rule that says no guests permitted other than the person booking the room. Secondly you could set 'request toybook' so you can vet guests.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Andre13456 there are a range of ways to maintain the integrity of your place. Look through some of the questions and answers using the search bar above. Put in IDs or unwelcome guests  . This coversation has been discussed ad infinitum . I am sure you will find plenty of good advice. Its about prevention nine times out of ten and boils down often to the skill of the host or co host and communication communication . Generally do not use Instant book until you are used to how things are running. Get to know your dashboard . always have a close trustworthy co host... do not think this is a 'hands off gig' all the best ... H

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The best way to avoid problematic guests is to use vetting questions to ensure your guests are a good fit for your listing @Andre13456