what do you provide for breakfast?

what do you provide for breakfast?

Hi, what do most of you provide for breakfast?  I host people in my home while I am here an assume that I need to provides something for breakfast. What do you do?

Thanks!

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

13 Replies 13
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Denise1625  Be very clear in your listing as to the type of breakfast that you will be providing.  Will it be cooked or packaged?  Will it include an array of products or just simple items to get people on their way in the morning.

Coffee, tea and a single juice with some baked goods like muffins or toast may suffice.  A little jam or yoghurt and maybe some fruit.  Stay light, stay within a budget and expect some demands.

@Denise1625 

We provide orange juice and non dairy milk, yogurt, granola, coffees and teas in the guest room mini fridge . We are 12 miles from the town, so we feel it is important to do this, and these things are also good for a snack, any time. Everything we provide is in sealed packaging. We used to provide muffins and the like, which were often ignored, so we stopped providing  them. If they need something, we are home share hosts like you are, and are happy to share necessary items from our own pantry. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1625 we provide self catering accommodation so our simple answer is nothing. Trying to guess what a guest wants would create a lot of food waste.

lol, is self-catering another term for no breakfast? Do you put that in your listing? I wonder if another asks what the guest wants before they come, so that there is no waste.

No... Airbnb does not mean we provide breakfast.  I do believe you can check an amenitity box if you want to, that you do.  It will cause you a lot of problems, however.  No guest will eat the same thing, etc.  

Traditional Bed and Breakfasts DO offer breakfast.  Airbnb traditionally does NOT.

@Lisa1247 Huh, interesting.  Everyone seems to do something different but it is good to know that guests will not be expecting that. Now I think I'll just provide coffee and tea since I can't think without coffee in the morning. 

Thank you!

@Denise1625 Lol, I leave snacks..like chips, and breakfast bars. Sometimes people check late. I just like to have them something to tide them selves over until they get to the store.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Most hosts including homeshare hosts  don't provide breakfast as Airbnb is self-catering @Denise1625 

why would you prefer to do this? Are you in an isolated location? 

@Helen3 No, I'm in town, but after all, one of the Bs in Airbnb stands for breakfast. 

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

I don’t provide breakfast but I do provide afternoon tea with snacks. But if I host people in my home, I will ask my guests if they want breakfast with me . Let the guest to decide whether they want.

Sarah

Thanks, @Sarah5000 .  What kind of snacks do you offer?

Cathy379
Level 2
Erin, Canada

Hello @Denise1625 !  What a great question!  I actually do supply breakfast but I make it really easy for myself, while also making it memorable for the guests.  We have a wedding venue up the road so I like to make it fancy.  I make a breakfast farm board for them (charcuterie) and leave it in the fridge before they arrive.  I let them know it is for their first morning only.  It usually consists of some pastries, crackers, brie, honey and some sliced meats and fruit.  I always leave them fresh cream and homemade cookies as well. I realize as airbnb hosts we don't need to do this, but I adjust my prices to cover the cost and it makes the guests feel very welcomed and safe and I have had 5 star reviews for the last 8 years.  It really is the highlight of their stay.  I tried being lazy about it one year and the reviews weren't as great.  Since I've brought it back the guests have been very happy.  Please read my listing reviews to see! :). Hope this helps.  Cathy

wow, @Cathy379 .  Can't compete with you! I haven't baked cookies in 20 years 🙂