1st Scam... $750.00 asks no contact from AIRBNB

Denessa1
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

1st Scam... $750.00 asks no contact from AIRBNB

My name is Denessa Ullibarri and I'm writing this to ask the community to give me advice.   About a month ago, I found a venture apartment for a monthly cost of $750 , so I emailed host cause I was interested.  A couple days later, I had email from Host and they asked me if I was still interested n of course I was. Well after we  exchanged a few emails , the host sent me email with detailed instructions on what to do. Well....long story shortened, I sent this host $750.00 they BITCOIN... I didnt know it was full fledge scam. I questioned it myself and did a little bit of research(anything can be "validated" in internet) I sent money. Right away I contacted AIRBNB and they have only responded by sending email that they are investigating it . I have everything to prove that I was SCAMMED. What should I do to Get my money back? Help me please....   Thank you,    Denessa

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

So sorry this has happened to you, but I don't know what Air BNB can do to help you with getting any money back since you acted outside the Air BNB terms of service.  All money goes through them.

Perhaps other hosts that have experience with Bitcoin can advise you if there is any recourse for stopping the transfer.