AO15 Activity: Tell us your #momentsofjoie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

AO15 Activity: Tell us your #momentsofjoie

Hello Hosts,

Laura, the Director of Hospitality, took to the Airbnb Open Keynote Stage on Thursday afternoon to spread the joy of the moment, asking you guys to share what kinds of things you do to make your guests feel special. Perhaps you find out what particular flowers they like and suprise them upon arrival, or prepare their favorite meal. 

Reply in this thread with your ideas, and be sure to use the hashtag #momentsofjoie to share with us and the community creative ways you delight your guests.

We will pick some of the best ideas and feature them in the community. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

14 Replies 14

We invited someone to dinner with us at our own home and after that he invited us, for free, to spend a days in his house to do ski in the resort where he is a responsable doctor for the place. #momentsofjoie

Helena0
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

I usually reserve time to show my guests the area. We go in my car and I can show them the most important places, like restaurants, metro station, gardens, downtown. That way the can be imediatly situated where the are and how to get there. They can seize weel their trip. They like a lot of this detail attention.

Ellen0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Olá @Fabíola-And-António0 e @Helena0!

Ficamos muito felizes em saber mais um pouco dos momentos que vocês partilham com os seus hóspedes. Não deixem de escrever aqui outras histórias que venham a acontecer no futuro 😄

Beijinhos!

Clique aqui  e conte para a gente quem foram os seus primeiros hóspedes!! 
Não esqueça de clicar no "CURTIR" quando gostar de um post 😄

HOST VOICE está online! Tem uma ideia para um novo produto ou melhorias no site? Clique aqui e sugira ao Airbnb.

Maria-Grazia0
Level 2
Rome, Italy

ho avuto il piacere di ospitare 2 anni fa 2 ospiti molto speciali , mamma e figlio provenienti dal messico , ma lui viveva in germania poiche lavorava li. La mamma era andato a trovarlo in occasione della festa della mamma e lui da bravo figlio le aveva fatto un regalo: un viaggio in Italia dove lei non era mai stata.

Aveva scelto cosi' casa mia per trascorrere alcuni giorni a Roma. 

Appena sono arrivati ho capito che erano molto speciali , l' amore  entro' con loro nella mia casa

Mi chiesero il giorno dopo se potevo cucinare per loro unna sera, cosa che faccio per i miei ospiti quando me lo chiedono. 

In quei giorni io ero molto triste poiche si avvicinava la festa della mamma, e la mia mamma e' salita in cielo 8 anni fa . 

Il giorno della cena arrivo', e di solito dopo che cucino , mi siedo con i miei ospiti e mangiamo tutti insieme. 

Cosi tra un piatto di pasta e una bruschetta mi raccontarono le loro storie, e lei mi disse che non passava la festa della mamma con suo figlio da otto anni, quando lui aveva deciso di andare a vivere in Germania per lavoro. 

Capii subito che quel messaggio era per me, era un segno dal cielo della mia mamma che voleva dirmi che mi era vicina con il cuore e che non aveva mai smesso di amarmi anche se non era piu fisicamente presente su questa terra. 

Dissi ai miei ospiti che loro erano venuti in casa mia per portami questo bellissimo messaggio di gioia . 

Questa e' stata una delle esperienze piu forti che potessi mai vivere . 

Grazie Airbnb .

per me questo e' belonganywhere. 

MG

Jim1
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ciao @Maria-Grazia0!

La storia che hai raccontato è davvero commovente. 

Il vero momento di gioia è vedere che c'è qualcuno ancora in grado di accogliere gli altri come fossero la propria famiglia. Sei grande!

Sarei felicissimo di leggere le tue storie o qualsiasi altra opinione nella community italiana

Che dici, ti va di venire a fare due chiacchiere? 🙂

Grazie Jim , 

ne sarei davvero felice di fare 4 chiacchiere, dove? 

continuo a scrivere in italiano , vuoi che scriva in inglese? 

let me know, please 

best regards

Mg

Jim1
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Carissima @Maria-Grazia0,

Sono felicissimo di sentirti.

Nella community italiana ci sono tutti gli altri host compatrioti e puoi scrivere tranquillamente in italiano 🙂

Per accedere basta cliccare qui.

Una volta entrata, troverai nel menù in alto a sinistra le diverse sezioni del forum con i miei post che descrivono il tipo di argomenti che si possono trattare in quella determinata sezione. Scegli quella che più ti garba e sentiti libera di condividere qualsiasi informazione, sarà un piacere per tutti leggerti.

Ciaooooooo

Whenever we have a guests arriving I always make an effort to meet them with a big smile and with  an open heart, I look at them in their eyes with sincerity and shake their hands and introduce myself and welcome them to our home. I give them a tour of the house, and show them their rooms, and everything that they have access, I also show them, what I provide to them, Fruit basket, Self served breakfast like Organic Milk, Juice, Varities of Coffee and Tea, Cereals, Oatmeal, Bagels, Cream of Cheese, Jam and Jellys, Bagels, Eggs, Snackbars, Peanuts and Goldfish crackers, and Perks that I provide that they are so surprised.

We also invite them in our house for Breakfast and we served them our Organic Purple Yum Pancake, Organic Egg Benedict with parsley, Toasted Bread and Varities of Bagels, Organic Milk, Coffee and Tea and fresh cut up fruits.

And we also Invite our guests to join us for dinner based on their schedule and only if they are available, then we ask them if there are any food restrictions. if none, then, we tell them what we will cook.. like Oriental Cooking* Chicken /Pork Adobo,  Beefsteak, Fish Curry and special sautee cooked Bakchoy with sesame and garlic sauce... and after that we sing  Karaoke and have fun.

Our guests always had a great time by showing them our extra Ordinary FUN* American-Oriental Hospitality and provide them the  best experience on their stay with us.. thus,

our guests has rated us  5 STARS across the board and accomplished Super Host Status 5th consecutive times in a row.... AND WE JUST LOVE ITFOR IT'S ALWAYS FUN HOSTING OUR GUESTS FORTHEIR BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!  #momentsofjoie

Catherine4
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

a guest named Logan booked with us for this past weekend.

we always serve guests a DIY breakfast of fresh warm bread, butter & jelly made from local ingredients.

In my freezer I had loganberry juice, so in his honour, I made Loganberry jelly to serve to Logan & guest.

They loved it & left a charming note mentioning it was his first taste of Loganberry jelly!

Kinda feels like I am 'mom' to guests!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww @Nic-And-Rach0@Catherine4 both your descriptions sound lovely and very food related which is very dear to my heart! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Stefania2
Level 10
Manciano, Italy

All my guests get to my property by car and as soon as they arrive they want to find a parking space. So I help them to locate the best parking spot and I also give them a map for that.

Cheryl0
Level 2
Vienna, VA

We rent our entire weekend home.  It is one hour away from our primary residence. So I clean and prep knowing I may never see my renters.  I may prep a few days early but try to get to the house to open the curtains, raise the thermostat (soon a non-issue as we just bought web enabed thermostats!  Woo Hoo!) , turn on the lights (especially as most guests arrive after dark now that it is winter. In the summer I open the windows if the weather is accomodating.), place some snacks in the kitchen (couple pieces of fruit, some chips/pretzels), and a bottle of wine.

My last guest walked in the door and immediately sent me a text that our place is "AWESOME". I left them a bottle of chardonnay to go with the turkey and a bottle of Prosecco for the newly weds. This newly wed couple was hosting their first combined family Thanksgiving dinner/family holiday getaway. She sent another text asking for speciic cooking implements (pie weights), which I had, and told her where to locate them, the roling pin, and the crust protectors (Yes, I have a fully stocked kitchen. After all I live there when I can.)  Another text telling me I was "Amazing!". Had me walking on clouds all day.  8-)

I was so happy to help these folks pull off a First Thanksgiving to remember. A fter they left I offered a future stay for just the couple at a reduced rate. I bet they use it for their first anniversary. 😉

#momentsofjoie

Florian-and-Theresa0
Level 10
Mintraching, Germany

In #Germany we have the #tradition to put shoes or socks in front of the door the night before St. Nicholas' Day (I don't know if other nations do as well). In the morning the shoes and socks are filled with chocolate, sweets or other little gifts (normally by your parents). I'd love to #share those traditions with my guests. Attached a little #impression. This was my Airbnb-#momentsofjoie today.

Nikolaussocken2.jpg

@Florian & Theresa I like you share that tradition with your guests. We, in Italy, have a similar tradition on January 5th. Kids hang empty socks by the fireplace. They hope that a witch will fill the socks with chocolate and sweets if they are well behaved. Unlike if they have been naughty they will get just coal. I could do the same with my guests. I hope none of them would deserve coal!