Adjusting commision takes by Airbnb in Covid times

Ray257
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Adjusting commision takes by Airbnb in Covid times

hi this platform and management should lower their percentage on hosting temporarily in order to help people get short breaks..so they get better value for money

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Ray257  and welcome to ABB CC from a fellow host across the miles down under in New Zealand.

I agree with you 100%.

It's also become more challenging to see the full total price as it's in small writing under other pricing.

ABB should also consider going back to been accessible on ordinary Google access as not all mobile phones allow one to download Chrome or Firefox which is ABB preferred access platform, hence perhaps no longer access ABB like they used to.

Updating of phones is a low priority for many trying to pay mortgages, rent and food on the table.

@Brian 

@Catherine-Powell 

@Lizzie @Quincy 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Ray257 

They certainly should be more flexible during low-season times to increase competitiveness.

Every platform is about the same level. Can't be a cartel could it?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ray257,

I doubt that Airbnb will do that.  None of the other platforms (Booking, Expedia, Vrbo) that I list with have lowered their commissions, either.  The onus is placed on hosts to make any price changes are to be made to attract guests, because the platforms are not going to amend their commission amounts.

@Debra300 wrote:

@Ray257MyAARPMedicare

I doubt that Airbnb will do that.  None of the other platforms (Booking, Expedia, Vrbo) that I list with have lowered their commissions, either.  The onus is placed on hosts to make any price changes are to be made to attract guests, because the platforms are not going to amend their commission amounts.

Very good post, thank you. I am surprised to find your website