AirBNB 2017

Becky34
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

AirBNB 2017

When and where is the next event in 2017?

thanks,

Becky

10 Replies 10
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Becky34  Hello.  I contacted Airbnb headquarters last week just to ask them this very question because last year I was already booked in November for the entire month and couldn't attend.  Right now my November is very slow on reservations so I am very interested in going too.  Unfortunately they couldnt' tell me anything except to say that an annoucement will be coming soon. Last year, they made the announcement in August so I can only presume that it will be the same this year too.  Are you going if they do have one this year?  Rumours are going around that they are moving the Airbnb Open to 2018, but who knows.  I just hope its not in Hawaii, because I want to travel! hahaha

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Becky34
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Hi Momi,

Many thanks for your message. I hope there is one this year - so looking forward to going.

Wow, you're in Hawaii?! My daughters are desperate to go there. When's best time of year? Why you quiet in November, is weather rubbish then?

Best wishes,

Becky

Hi @Becky34   OMG...this message you posted never got delivered to my email account.  That's odd.  In the future, to ensure it does, make sure you use the @ symbol which will show the names of the people on each thread for you to choose from.  Look at how your name appears in this post.  That way it also gets delivers to my CC profile list of people who tagged me.  Do you know about that feature along with private messages too?

November is actually really awesome for many reasons which is why I got married 11/06/1999.  Perfect weather, rates go down when families go back to school after Fall break and before Thanksgiving, and vendors lower their prices too bc the number of visitors go down until 11/24.  Most likely the reservations will start to trickle in for November especially since the months before are quite busy.

That would be awesome to meet you and your daughters.  Please stay in touch by letting me know if I can help you in any way to plan the trip because I know A LOT of money saving tips and ideas.  My clients just love it. Every review I have on ABB has my guests saying this too. Let me know if they would like to be hosted by me too....I can even send them $40 of free money to help them pay their stay.

@Deb29   Unfortunately, I have just gotten "rumor" word too that the ABB Open for 2017 is most likely cancelled due to many hosts complaining about the costs of flying every year to the Open.  I have not yet had it confirmed but my ABB source is pretty good too.   Now I'm curious whom your source is...hahaha.

Bummed because I was really looking foward to going too.  (and actually have time to do so too). Should we plan a girls trip instead?  LOL

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

@Momi0

I read about the Open being cancelled on a few blogs and heard it on an Airbnb podcast. 

Deb

Automate your Airbnb messages on Aviva IQ

Becky34
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

@Momi0 Thanks that's great info.

Shame nothing planned for this year.  Would be great to do a ABB meet up somewhere. Wonder who else would be up for this?!

You seem to be a pro on here, what's the best way to go about it?!

With love, Becky x

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Becky34 It is my understanding that Airbnb cancelled the Open for 2017 and has not yet come up with a date or location for 2018.  I hope my sources are wrong. If you find out otherwise, please let us know!

Becky34
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

@Deb29 that's a shame. How about a meet up?! lol

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Becky34@Deb29 and @Momi0,

Nice to speak with you.

I just wanted to say I have posted an update regarding the Airbnb Open, which I thought you might find helpful.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie   Thank you so much for letting me and others know.  I had already heard from social media that 2017 wasn't gonna happen and to say I was bummed was an understatement. I had closed my Nov calendar in the hopes I could buy a plane ticket and attend. 

The positive side is now I can probably go ahead and have the much needed foot surgery from tearing my achilles tendon after 37 years of running.  Currently there is a host/friend of mine in Michigan that just had that surgery and she is keeping me updated with the recovery details. haha  - makes me scared! 

I look foward to hearing where in the world will the ABB Open be for 2018 (any hints?) LOL - and will be making plans to attend.  Many are asking me to come with Hawaiian coffee and yummy treats. - Hope to meet YOU there too.  I might be making Momi's Mango Marvelous Margaritas there.  hahaha

Aloha, Momi

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yes I agree it is a shame, but that means you can have an extra special time at the Open in 2018! 🙂

Aww I remember you saying about your surgery. OOo a torn achilles tendon sounds very painful, you poor thing. Surgery doesn't sound as nice as attending the Open, but it does sound like it will help get you back on your feet (no pun intended)— which is the main thing. 

Unfortunately, I don't know where the location is for the next Open yet...I will have to keep an ear out! hehe

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.