AirBnB Open 2017

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

AirBnB Open 2017

Does anyone know if there will be an airBnB open this year anf the dates and where it will be?

We would like to go even if across continents but these things take time to set up with work and out listing as we cannot cancel bookings without penalty

17 Replies 17
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Details likely won't be announced until later in the year, as the last Open just happened a couple months ago.

Enzo1
Level 3
Bari, Italy

Maybe it should be announced in middle april, as it happened in april 2016  ... (https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Open/Airbnb-Open-2016-in-Los-Angeles/td-p/66387)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrew157,

Yeah, as @Enzo1 and @Cynthia-and-Chris1 mentioned, the location and dates haven't been announced yet, but as soon as they have I will let you all know here in the Community Center. 

There is a great thread here in AO board where hosts would like to see Cuba be the next location. Are there any particular places you think the next one should be? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

I've seen the thread about Cuba in fact we travelled to Cuba in January 2016 staying at Casa Personas from airBnB.

If you are looking for somewhere different to LA why not come to Windermere and I can travel to meetings by bicycle?

Lizzie the issues are as above.  We both work in the NHS, part time now, and we have our listing available for booking for most of 2017 . Both of these cannot be dropped at short notice without penalty so if airBnB towers want an international turn out they need to give notice

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Very true @Andrew157, I am sure other hosts would like to book their transport as soon as possible as well, to get the best deals. 

Windermere would be a lovely spot! The rural Airbnb Open...we could also squeeze in some nice walks... 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jo-and-Greg0
Level 2
Daylesford, Australia

I'd suggest, Spain, Greece, France. 

Susan496
Level 1
Curwensville, PA

We just recently opened up in April 2017, in Pennsylvania, USA. Just got our fist 2 bookings this week.

Julie177
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

It's now June and I still haven't seen anything.

Edward20
Level 1
New York, NY

I heard 2017 Airbnb Open has been 'postponed to 2018' - not sure if that's official or just a rumor.   

I heard that too (well, I found out doing a google serch because it seems like we should know by now). it is very suspicious we have not heard anything official yet... anything new you're aware of?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Edward20@Andrew157@Gina32@Alessandro19@Benjamin--Rachel-and-Bab0@Enzo1@Cynthia-and-Chris1@Jo-and-Greg0@Julie177@Γιώργος0

I hope you are all good. It is fantastic to see you want to know more information about the Airbnb Open.

I just wanted to say I have just posted an update regarding the Airbnb Open, which I thought you might find useful.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

@Edward20  Its not a rumor...the 2017 Airnb Open has been moved to 2018 for sure.  There will be no Airbnb Open at all this year.  Bummed..... you bet I am.  

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Γιώργος0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hi everybody, its already July and there hasnt been any announcement for Airbnb Open2017. Since the previous one was in US soil i believe this year it should be again in Europe . however when is airbnb planning to make announcement about dates and place? Athens would be great, considering the huge increase of airbnb listings and the enormous economic crisis of the last 7 years, this event would boost the local economy and during October its like summer. ¨)

Benjamin--Rachel-and-Bab0
Level 2
Düsseldorf, Germany

Any news yet? Would be nice to know if there will be a convention this year or not! Please let me know as I would like to book tickets and stuff! Cheers