Airbnb Conferences

Cherie2
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

Airbnb Conferences

This will be my third Airbnb conference. It is interesting to see how the conferences expand my world as I travel out to meet other hosts. I have grown as a host, Airbnb has grown as a company and I welcome these opportunities for a teaching exchange. 

While Paris was not the best memory because I was staying on the street where the Bataclan shootings occured, I did learn a great deal about how prejudice is literally a killer. I am currently writing a book about my experiences as we took in wounded concert attendees.

We as hosts are constantly leading new renters into the experience of being an Airbnb returning customer. We are the "front line" in the system. The conferences are opportunities to gather information from other successful hosts and to see the future direction of the company.

I look forward to meeting new friends and fellow business owners.

Friend me on facebook! 

Cherie Hanson

9 Replies 9
Ana508
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN :
———————————————-

As an AiRBnB Super Host in Zagreb, I am reaching out to find out the logistics to participate at your tender for the 2017 AirBnB Conference in the fall.

I am sure you are aware of the various awards Zagreb and Croatia have received over the recent  years, holding the title of  European Destination of the Year, for  2 years running .

It's my understanding an annual tender is being held to choose a city or country each year, thus wanting to make a presentation to get Croatia / Zagreb in the running for your consideration.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration I look forward hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Warmest regards,

Ana Brlic
SuperHost Zagreb-( your personal credentials and your air bnb links )
YOUR credentails As a ZAGREB SUPERHOST - AirBnB
Sue0
Level 2
Cabarita Beach, Australia

Hi does Airbnb still do an annual conference. We went to Paris couldn’t make LA and heard nothing since. 

Cheers... Sue 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sue0,

Lovely to meet you.

As with many annual festivals, the Airbnb Open has taken a break this year (2017), you can read more about this here. Don't worry though, it will be back next year. The details for AO18 haven't been shared yet, but when they are I will make sure everyone is updated here in the Community Center. 

Are there any locations you would like it to be held? 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sue0
Level 2
Cabarita Beach, Australia

Thanks Lizzie 

I look forward to hearing about about next years Open. As for the location we would love to host it here in Oz, however as a traveler I would be happy to go pretty much anywhere! 

Hey Lizzie!  Just wanted to see if you had any updates with conference dates in the US?  Eager to attend. 

Thanks so much!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sarah1138,

Thanks for your message. 

The location and dates for the next Airbnb Open haven't been announced yet, however I did recently post an update about this in another discussion which provides a little more information.

I hope to be able to provide you with more information soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Brett157
Level 1
Emu Park, Australia

Hi my husband and I are AirBnb Superhosts and have two of our own properties, and I have just started an AirBnb management company.  We would love to travel the world attending conferences and gaining knowledge about the AirBnb Community.  If you could please let us know of any upcoming conferences we would be grateful.

Cheers Megan and Brett

@Brett157 

Chip Conley, former Airbnb Global Head of Hospitality and Strategy, was the person who conceived and led the Airbnb Open. As a member of the Board of Directors of the Burning Man Project, responsible for the annual Burning Man Festival with up to 70000 attendees yearly, Conley was the only employee who had the skills and experience to lead an event on the scale of the Airbnb Open.

Since he left the company in early 2017, his position remains unfilled, so It's extremely unlikely that there will be another Airbnb Open (or similar onferences) for the foreseeable future. If ever. 

William1609
Level 1
Benoni, South Africa

I was invited to a conference]nce for today...I in turn invited 5 other hosts. Guess, what....we weren't let into the meeting. Guerss that a waste of time then? A poor show guys...get you stuff together...these are people that I have referred as hosts.

Billy Petzer
African Grace/African Diamond/African Wild Guest House