Airbnb Open 2016 in Los Angeles

Clément4
Level 3
Dublin, Ireland

Airbnb Open 2016 in Los Angeles

In 2016, Airbnb Open is headed to Los Angeles! We’re working hard to create a fantastic event featuring exceptional speakers, helpful workshops, and one-of-a-kind opportunities for you to connect with fellow hosts from around the world. This global gathering of hosts, guests, Airbnb leaders and hospitality experts takes place November 17th-19th.

Watch www.airbnb.com/open for event and ticket sales information. Registration will open in June.

In the meantime, dig into these highlights from Airbnb Open 2015 for a look at last year’s event.

I encourage you to leave a comment and let us know what you’re hoping to see, do and experience this year in Los Angeles.

Don’t hold back: share your wildest dreams! We can’t wait to read about them.

Clément

108 Replies 108
Leslie0
Level 6
Santa Monica, CA

Considering the new proposed restritive ordinance regulating Airbnb in Los Angeles, you may want to chose another location. For one thing, it limits hosting to 90 days per year.

It's A PROPOSED ordinance, and that might be a very good reason to have the meeting in L.A.!!! We're in an existential struggle to keep our home sharing listings-- all of them, all the time. 

This ordinance would be horrible. Let's show international support for L.A. hosts. 

@DragonflyHill-Collective0

My post is about 2017, not 2016

Alex80
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I'd love to go, but the pending regulations may force me to shut down before then.

since Jose huizar was in charge of the committee recently his office was raided by the FBI word is out that he was taking kickbacks is there anything we can do

张0
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

cool

Linda82
Level 2
Morongo Valley, CA

I am very excited about this event.  Im not sure why you would hold it on a weekend since we are all in the VR business and usually busy on the weekend ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Maybe because most hosts work regular jobs? I don't but most hosts in my area do.

Weekend because people work during the week. I work M-F like most hosts I know. Air bnb rentals are not a replacement for my job.
Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

Do we know where the event will be held, so that we can look for accommodations?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback on this @Leslie0@Alex80 , I have passed it back to the AO Team. I hope you will still be able to attend. 

@Debi1, in terms of the specific event location, this hasn't been announced yet. As soon as we have more information on this, it will be posted here in the CC. It is great to hear you are excited. Did you attend AO15? 

(Just to highlight that I have updated the dates in the opening post here, to 17th-19th November.)

Any thoughts on what you would like to see at the Open this year? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

How sweet of you to reply, Lizzie!  I was at the SF Open and the Paris Open.  I intend to protect my Novembers so that I don't miss any of them!  The energy at these events is amazing and somewhat overwhelming; it takes a while to process it all.  I really appreciate the video sessions after the Paris event, and the fact so many were willing to share slides of their presentations.

Things I really enjoyed last year was the panel of ladies who talked about how they use their properties for humantarian reasons.  They were very inspiring.  The inspirational stories are really good, and I liked the smaller venue.  I don't know how possible it is to keep the breakout sessions small, but they were very interesting and approachable.

I like the 'working' sessions, too.  When I can come away with something to change or do, and I know the right way to do it, with a grasp of how that can happen, I really appreciate it.  To the point that I'm organizing a workshop for hosts and by hosts in our geographical location.  I've probably heard all the tips and tricks after so long in this field, but I love hearing and seeing how others are working their business.

I do wonder about accommodations, too, since I believe that L.A. has made operating Airbnb's in the area very difficult.

Hope that helps, and I'm looking forward to the next open!

Debi

Hi Debi, I just came across this page and read your note about the Paris Open. I was one 

of the speakers on the Open Homes panel  (I was the one who took care of the Veteran and

restored his home and rent it for medical stays in Boise, Id) Many thanks for attending the class and I hope

to meet you at the Open in LA. It's going to be exciting!

Cheers,

Mati

Loving all the replies and info on this feed. Im a new host and will be attending the AO in LA In November 2016. Looking forward to the event and to meeting everyone there. Any advice/tips on what to expect/bring/be prepared for? Thanks so much in advance! Antonella