Airbnb Open 2016 in Los Angeles

Clément4
Level 3
Dublin, Ireland

Airbnb Open 2016 in Los Angeles

In 2016, Airbnb Open is headed to Los Angeles! We’re working hard to create a fantastic event featuring exceptional speakers, helpful workshops, and one-of-a-kind opportunities for you to connect with fellow hosts from around the world. This global gathering of hosts, guests, Airbnb leaders and hospitality experts takes place November 17th-19th.

Watch www.airbnb.com/open for event and ticket sales information. Registration will open in June.

In the meantime, dig into these highlights from Airbnb Open 2015 for a look at last year’s event.

I encourage you to leave a comment and let us know what you’re hoping to see, do and experience this year in Los Angeles.

Don’t hold back: share your wildest dreams! We can’t wait to read about them.

Clément

108 Replies 108
Pamela42
Level 1
Adelaide, Australia

I would love to attend from Australia and stay with a local host who is attending the event. 

Any takers? 

Pamela

Australia

Hi Pamela!

I am outside of Los Angeles, in North Orange County and hope the conference will be in a place that it will be easy to take the train from Fullerton to Union Station, downtown LA.  The venue has not been announced yet to my knowledge, but feel free to stay in touch.  I tried to find a host in Paris that would be attending the conference, and never did, but certainly understand why that would be FUN.  Feel free to reach out.  Sherri Davison, Superhost, Fullerton, CA!

Airbnb has told be the venues will be located along south spring, south Broadway, south main between w 6th and w Olympic

I am thinking of renting a loft from a superhost and sharing it with someone like yourself and another person from australia who is in this thread. My email is [Personal Information Hidden]

Let me know is you are interested.

Emanuela13
Level 4
Rome, Italy

@Lizzie and  @Clément4 do you think it would be interesting to share with other attendes at AO LA our community experience in Rome? We are a group of community leaders and we organize many activities in our amazing city.

It would be nice to share our knowledge about how to build a conscious and active community and how to involve guests in our local activites.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Emanuela

#fattoresharing

Hello, It's Annette (and Andrew) from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Already booked our flights 🙂

Don't want to miss it. The first Open was great and last year in Paris was, despite what happened, indredibly inspirational.

With regards to what we would like to see:

* Priority sign-up for repeat attendees

* A nice AirBNB T-shirt for all attendees

* An AirBNB bag to carry all the stuff you get (small branded rucksack would be great)

* Good food and drinks like in SF 2014

* More detailed information beforehand on the break-out sessions. I waited with signing up for them last year as there was no specific info available, and then missed out as they were fully booked by the time this info became available.

* A badge for those that have been to all Opens so we can regognize each other

* A special drinks reception for those that have attended all Opens?

* Announcement of venue asap so we can book accommodation

* Meet your area manager time slot (I have never met mine and am a host for years now)

* Meeting with the techies / Marketing dept to discuss ideas (like in SF 2014)

* Recap of last year's ideas / comments from attendees and what you have concretely done with that feedback.

* More chilled out space, like in SF2014 so people can sit together and have a chat. The beanbags on the steps set-up worked well for that. Last year's Open was bigger, and more corporate. We really missed the community feel.

Hi Annette,

I loved your post and found it informative as to what to expect at my first AO this November.
What were the sessions you mentioned and how can I find out more to be better prepared?

Thanks so much.

Antonella
Sherri0
Level 3
Bend, OR

Some things I would love to see in Los Angeles:

I loved the idea of giving back to the community, which was planned in Paris.  Unfortunately this was eliminated after the terrorist attacks.  Let's try again.

Food was AWESOME in Paris.  Loved all the sustainable packaging...hopefully the items were recycled and not thrown away.

A tee-shirt would be awesome.  The scarf last year was a joke. 

How about little stickers for hosts that have attended other conferences on their name badges.

An app for the conference that really works.

LOVED the staff in Paris who were tasked with LISTENING to our suggestions and input.  Do that again.

Facilitate ways for conference attendees to book with hosts in the area.  I tried to make this happen in Paris to no avail.

Your speakers and presentations were great in Paris.  Hopefully they will be again!

Thanks for asking for our input.

Sherri

Andrée2
Level 10
Portland, OR

Hello Clément,

My question is about presenting: How does one submit a proposal to present at the Airbnb Open. I did attend in Paris 2015 and was very interested in creating a workshop. Thank you kindly for your response...much appreciated. 

Andrée

Carsten0
Level 2
Westerland, Germany

I am a host from northern Germany and have been to last years open in Paris and was so much inspired by the event. Met so many people from all over the world. Unfortunately the event was stopped by the terrorist attacks. Furthermore I attended the soccer game in the stadium and was shocked that this happened so close to me. It was also sad that I could really say good bye to all the hosts and staff the day after. So I am looking forward to LA in november.

After the Open I created a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGPlOY-sRU

I am really lookling forward to meeting you in November

Pablo30
Level 2
Salamanca, Spain

Hi, Clément, Lizzie, and others

I think the ones that have attended all Opens and the ones who attended the Airbnb Open in Paris should be informed one day before other hosts about the beginning of signing up for the sessions in LA.

I think that a session with the founders (like in Paris) for the Superhosts, but also for the ones who have attended all Opens before the starting up of the sessions is another good idea

I second the other proposals written before (t-shirts, name on badges, bags, class on resolution of conflicts, emergency cases...)

Best wishes from Salamanca, Spain

Pablo

Hi Clement, Looking forward to seeing you again at another AO. Wondering in priority order: 1. Venue location 2. Registration fees (early bird? superhost? late fee) 3. Program overview details Cheers, Dan
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

It is great to hear your excitement around the AO16. 

I love hearing all of your suggestions and it fantastic that there is already such a wide range of ideas. Thank you for taking the time to share them, they are already over with the Open Team. 🙂

@Sherri0 and @Annette5 it is great to hear you enjoyed the food in Paris last year (and SF). Have you got any dishes or foods you think should be on the LA Open menu?

I know you are eager to know more about booking tickets and venue locations, so as soon as there is more information on this it will be shared here in the CC.

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie & @Clément4,

Yes the food in Paris was fantastic as well as great seating set ups for groups or individuals and a wonderful dj! My only suggestion would be to have (maybe kosher) options for meats and/or eggs to provide a little more protein in A.M. to get the day started and to avoid the sugar rush (which makes for more difficult concentration during workshops).

As a sidenote, I am also trying to find out how to propose a workshop...any suggestions you can send my way? Thanks!

It is obious we are all very sorry about the victims in Orlando (as we were in Paris), their relatives, their friends ... Let's pray for them, continue to spread ideas of love, peace, hospitality ... and try to learn from the experience.