Airbnb Open 2018

Stephen0
Level 2
Durham, NC

Airbnb Open 2018

Is there ANY annoucement yet?  It's getting a bit late for taking advantage of potential travel deals.  Seems that the Open has gone to the back burner with all the "new" Airbnb fields of expansion. Sorry to feel that way.....  The Open was a great experience.  Hope it's not lost.

25 Replies 25

I totally agree. Very surprised there's still no announcement. Assuming it's going to be in November (as in previous years) you'd think we'd have heard something by now. 

LlIf Airbnb can inform the dates or the month we can make it free we all are waiting to attend the open day 

We need to book the tickets early too Waiting for thr open 2018
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Stephen0 @Juliet-And-Ed0 They are too busy working on Plus and planning for the new airline they envision launching.

There is no profit in hosting a “party” and it looks from the outside that the Open was just a publicity stunt. 

Sophia147
Level 1
Bethesda, MD

I want to attend the 2018 AIRBNB conference. S

I have been told it is not happening this year. 

Hi Cassandra!

Did you hear that from an official source?

Jo34
Level 2
East Melbourne, Australia

I would love to go to the Airbnb Open.... loved the last one... but much of my year now planned....

Please Airbnb - it really is time to tell us if there will be one this year and maybe a month and a continent?  

Andrew536
Level 1
Oakland, CA

Are they really going to launch an airline!?

Hi @Andrew536 ,

yes, as @Rene & Zac   have indicated they are planning on launching an own airline. The name will be Airbnb-Force.

The big thing about this new airline will be, that every guest that flys with Airbnb-Force will be granted a 24h around the clock check in time at the place of arrival. So if an airbnb-guest flys from NY to London and his London host has sipulated a check in time from 3pm to 5pm, this will be superseeded by the Airbnb-Force regulation that he can check in anytime, e.g. 2am.

This is a strong sellingpoint and a feature other airlines cannot compete with.

I do not think it’s an airline.

The preview was to sell Air on the platform. The platform will be a more like an online booking engine; accommodation, airlines, car rentals, experiences (shore ex), wonder if they will add cruise. 

I already honor a 24 hour check in time here in Burbank. 

Graeme14
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Given it's now June - has anyone heard any further details on airbnb open?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thanks for asking about this. At the moment, we haven't announced any more detail about the next Airbnb Open yet. A couple of months ago I provided a little more information around what the team are up to, here in the Community Center. Here is link to my post, if you haven't seen it already.

Please do continue to follow conversations on this and as soon as I have more information I will share it here for you all.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.