Airbnb Open 2018

Stephen0
Level 2
Durham, NC

Airbnb Open 2018

Is there ANY annoucement yet?  It's getting a bit late for taking advantage of potential travel deals.  Seems that the Open has gone to the back burner with all the "new" Airbnb fields of expansion. Sorry to feel that way.....  The Open was a great experience.  Hope it's not lost.

25 Replies 25
Jo34
Level 2
East Melbourne, Australia

Lizzie,  it was really disappointing that this was not addressed in the most recent Q&A...  I know what the team is up to - thank you.  What I don't know is if there will be an Airbnb Open in 2018... 2019... or another strategy to bring hosts and the community together in a 'meaningful' way.  Look forward to hearing .... something... 

Kind regards

Joanne

Becky34
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

So, we're nearly in July. ...Am i correct in assuming there's no Airbnb Open this year as previously discussed? I want to plan my November break so if its not happening would be great to know...any updates???

Thanks,

Becky x

Peter-And-Wendy0
Level 3
Nelligen, Australia

Like Becky and the others, all I want to know is:

Will there be an AirBnB open in 2018?

If so, which month?

Which continent at least!

Trying to plan my life and travels around the Open. Including blocking my calendar listing so I can attend.

From Australia, so the airfare component can be very costly. The sooner we know, the sooner we can start looking for optimal flights. 

I am on the same boat! planning for 2019 actually but then I found this thread and it looks like they haven't worked out the 2018 one let alone 2019 hehe.

If anyone knows any details (city/ month at least) that d be great : )

Nancy45
Level 2
Idaho Falls, ID

I'm hoping that the Q & A with Brian tomorrow will answer this question.  I've just about given up on the idea for this year.  My November is already pretty full.  So disappointing.

Bob171
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hello Nancy

How did the Q & A Go?

Is anyone else getting fed up with the lack of information for the 2018 Open?They obviously know if it is going to happen or not by now. 

If not happening I'm sure we will all get over it, but I do hate when companies start to get to big and can't be genuine and honest with people anymore. 

I doubt it will happen now. The logistics to organize 2018 event takes months and months of planning and several months of lead time for guests to reserve tickets, flights, and hotels. 

I'm thinking their next announcement within the next few months will be that there is no 2018 Airbnb and that there will be a 2019 Airbnb open. 

I was hoping they would have an Airbnb open this year. I was looking forward to going this year.

Wesley--Lowell0
Level 2
Sausalito, CA

How to correct the pin point location of my listing that has changed and placed me in a very undesirable map location and customer service is a JOKE!!

Tanya-and-Alex0
Level 5
Sofia, Bulgaria

Any news about the Open? Nancy or whoever the admin of this group is: Isn't that getting ridicoulous? 

Jo-and-René0
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

This is the first time I hear about Airbnb Open.

I have been a host for 3 years now and always been in the unknown of what is happening.

Without any notification changes are made to listings and you only find out by regularly checking all the options.

I would recommend that Airbnb informs hosts on what is going on in terms of new develpments and changes to the system/website.

At the moment as a host you really have to search the site to keep up with the latest developments.

Peter-And-Wendy0
Level 3
Nelligen, Australia

Here we are. November 2018. Obviously no Airbnb open this year. Would have been nice to know when they knew it wasn't ever going to happen. Sorry Airbnb. No 5 star review for you. Communications with guests or members are so important. Please lead by example. And 2019. I have already made other plans as I don't want to be left hanging on promises again all year.