Airbnb Open Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Open Update

Airbnb Open - Welcome

Hi everyone,

Many of you are eager for news about the next Airbnb Open, and while we can’t yet share details about where in the world it will be, we can tell you that it will be in 2018.

After three fantastic years of Airbnb Open gatherings in San Francisco, Paris, and Los Angeles, we’ve decided to take more time to plan the next festival of hosting. We’re working on the most innovative and inviting experience yet.

We’ll announce our host city and dates soon and cannot wait to host you for Airbnb Open 2018.

Thanks,

Lizzie

---------------UPDATE---------------

Posted: Jan 24th 2018

I've just posted an update on the status of the Airbnb Open below, click here to read my post. 🙂 

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

93 Replies 93
Gina32
Level 10
Bridport, Australia

Thank you for the update Lizzie.

I look forward to hearing the details in time to plan my next trip away.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello @Lizzie

What about picking Rio to host the A.O 2018?

The World Cup and the Olympics has already been to Rio recently! Now it is high time to Airbnb fly down to Rio!

Dont be afraid, everything will be fine! 🙂

Should have said.. everything would be fantastic! 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw I like this idea @J-Renato0. Personally, I have always wanted to visit Rio! 

Have you been to a previous Airbnb Open?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  I agree 100% with you ....would LOVE to fly down to Rio and attend the ABB Open there.  I have always wanted to visit that country and that gorgeous city.  The amazing cultural dancing alone is enough reasons to visit.  @J-Renato0  will you be giving free lessons to ABB hosts?  🙂

Sign me up! 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lizzie
Never been to a previous A.O. Maybe someday!

OMG... @Momi0... About Rio you are right, it is an interesting and beautiful city in terms of nature and landscape, lots of green and beachs.
I was born inland.... although I have been living in Rio since a long time... It is not part of the culture of my hometown! I do not dance samba... I dont drink "caipirinha", and I am not connected with any kind of stereotypes of the tropics! 🙂

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Lizzie I got a filling this time maybe London or Shanghai!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oo yeah, both of those places would be great too. I would like it if it were in London. 🙂

How amazing would be to get a groups of us from the Community Center together and meet in person at a future AO! 

--------------------

Hey how about Las Vegas.  I  would love to explore the city more.

Thank you very much for your update. We are from Myanmar, South East Asia. How we can use your Airbnb?

Julie625
Level 2
Claremont, Australia

Hi Lizzie,

Looking forward to hearing when the next Airbnb Open will be held and where.  I went last year to L.A. Open and it was amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I came home full of enthusiasm and happy to advise my short term rental business has improved substantially since last November thanks to the Conference.

Curious to know if it will be held around November again or European summer time??

Regards,

Julie 

@Julie625  I am so excited for ABB to announce where and when the Airbnb Open 2018 will be....I was planning on attending this year but found out they have decided to postpone the next one to next year.  Perhaps I will have the pleasure of meeting you.  🙂

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Julie625
Level 2
Claremont, Australia

Hi Momi,

Thanks for your message and yes I am very excited about the next Airbnb Open in 2018.  Did you go to the L.A. Open?  It was absolutely fabulous.

Who knows the next one could be in Australia and you'd be coming down to my corner of the world. Where ever it is held I do hope I get to meet you and perhaps closer to the time we can communicate regarding this.

All the very best to you and wishing you many bookings.

Regards,

Julie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww this is fantastic to hear @Julie625 and I love that you were so inspired. This is why it is wonderful to get as many of our community together and celebrate being part of something amazing! What was you favourite part of the Open?

--------------------

Mark239
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Check out this link.  The location of the 2018 airbnb location has yet to be decided. http://airbnbnation.com/?p=3430