Airbnb Open Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Open Update

Airbnb Open - Welcome

Hi everyone,

Many of you are eager for news about the next Airbnb Open, and while we can’t yet share details about where in the world it will be, we can tell you that it will be in 2018.

After three fantastic years of Airbnb Open gatherings in San Francisco, Paris, and Los Angeles, we’ve decided to take more time to plan the next festival of hosting. We’re working on the most innovative and inviting experience yet.

We’ll announce our host city and dates soon and cannot wait to host you for Airbnb Open 2018.

Thanks,

Lizzie

---------------UPDATE---------------

Posted: Jan 24th 2018

I've just posted an update on the status of the Airbnb Open below, click here to read my post. 🙂 

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

93 Replies 93

Hi again Lizzie:)

I agree with the other hosts, it is good to have a lot of advance notice so everyone may plan their travel, and schedules.  I know we have a family wedding on the 11th of November and even though we would love to attend the Open, we would love to plan it, and hope it is either the end of October or second week of November:) 

But, I'm sure all the other Airbnb hosts want to know sooner than later as well.  Thank you in advance for all you do for us:)

Hi Lizzie, 

Hows it going?  Any update on venue and timing of AirBnb Open 2018?  

Cheers

Ewan

Sue346
Level 1
Norwich, CT

Would love updates when available...Thank you!

Caleb6
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Can't wait to hear more about the open!

Of course we would love it to be in San Antonio! We have a pretty incredible culture here as well as a lot of fun things to do!

Eitehr way we'd love to start planning our trip to wherever it may be! 

Γιώργος0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Merry Christmas to evrybody and happy new year with many bookings 5 star ratings and satisfied guests 🙂 Do we have any update about Airbnb Open 2018??? Can't wait to attend this one

Although i d love to travel and visit another country i do hope the airbnb team considers to organise the event in Athens, Greece.

After almost 7 years of economic crisis, there is a consecutive increase of tourists, new museums constantly open, there is acultural boom and besides the ancient cultural heritage and monuments many bars and restayrants awarded worldwide, affordable prices easily accesible with flights from all over the world ..plus islands close by to visit. Hope to cu in Athens

Caleb6
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Hey @Lizzie ! Do you know how many spots will be available and or if there is a good email list to subscribe to so I can be fully aware as soon as details are released?

Thanks!

Sophia121
Level 2
Larnaca, Cyprus

Hi @Lizzie. Any update on whether airbnb open will occur this year? If it will when do we usually receive notifications? Thanks 

How soon can we know? Is there a date when this information will be made public?

Mafer2
Level 1
Cozumel, Mexico

Looking forward to Open news! 

Noel44
Level 1
Lafayette, LA

Any updates yet?

Nancy45
Level 2
Idaho Falls, ID

Hi Lizzie!

So excited to attend the next Airbnb Open! I need to know when the time and place will be announced so that I can make plans. As you can imagine, there is a lot of planning and saving to do. I'm assuming that it will be held in November again and that is only 10 months away!

Also, it was mentioned that there would be smaller regional events in the meantime, but I havent heard a word about any yet.  How would I find out about those?

Thanks,

Nancy

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Honestly, I am quite irritated by the lack of information provided on the conference. All professional organizations I am or have been associated with have their conference location set at least one year in advance. One I was state president of set them five years in advance.

As a host I am a buisnessperson. I need timely information in order to plan my calendar, arrange for a co-host, set aside appropriate travel funds, secure lodging, transportation, and meal allowances. 

@Lizzie I know you aren't the person responsible for the conference, but please share our frustration with those who are. It is very inconsiderate to dangle the carrot of a large conference then starve the hosts of details.

If they need a conference planner I can be hired. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Dina1
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Thanks Lizzie.

How about Orlando or Miami .

Will be great !

Deniz3
Level 2
Killarney, Ireland

Dublin, Ireland 🙂 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thank you again all for your comments, it is great to see your excitement around the next Airbnb Open.

As the community has grown, the Airbnb Open team have been thinking through how to evolve Open for both hosts and guests alike. It is taking longer than initially anticipated as they carefully think through what format will provide the best experience for attendees.

We apologize for the delay, but please note the team are working on making sure future Opens will be an incredible experience! This may mean the format may change from previous years. I will report out any news as soon as the team has updates. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.