Airbnb hosting culture

Airbnb hosting culture

Hi, I am from Bangladesh. Here ABB did not started their operations officially. We are in extreme trouble, our landlords or house owner or apartment owners is not getting ready to operate such activities. They treat these as sex service or something like that. Can anyone suggest how can we improve the awareness ? I think ABB have a big responsibility to introduce it socially. 

1 Reply 1

You are not going to like this response, but if you are renting the property from a landlord, it is your responsibility to look at your lease and find out if it is acceptable to conduct a business in your residential rental. Airbnb does not manage your business, they just make it possible to find guests. If you plan on starting a business, it is your responsibility to learn something about it first. The first thing would be to find out if it was legal for you to do this in your city. Many cities have banned short term rentals because of the problems they create for locals. Do your neighbors like the idea of strangers coming and going with keys to the building?

If there is nothing concerning this on your lease, you could discuss the possibility with your landlord. Some landlords allow this if they get a % of the rental fees. Some landlords just end the lease and start short term rentals themselves, so they can keep all the profit. I have traveled extensively and many towns with tourist attractions but few hotels, see property owners make locals move, so they can do this, because they can make much more money.

If you do not own the property, you cannot expect to do what you want with it. Your legal rights and restrictions should be clearly explained in the lease.