Guest gets refund after no show and no cancellation 2 months later

Renee462
Level 1
Gilbert, AZ

Guest gets refund after no show and no cancellation 2 months later

Hi,

I had a guest no show and didn’t cancel a reservation for Thanksgiving weekend.  In fact we reached out to them when we noticed they hadn’t checked in using the NEST and they never responded.  Tonight (2 months later) I receive a message from Airbnb they are giving this guest a full refund due to extenuating circumstances.  There was absolutely no communication from the guest and Airbnb just drops that bomb on us without discussion.  I cannot find anything where it says a guest can get a refund if they don’t cancel or no show.  Or that the guest is eligible two months later.  What circumstance is that bad that it takes you two months to ask for a refund?  We could have possibly rented out the place if we knew they were going to get a full refund.  Can anyone help me out with what I can say to get Airbnb to reverse this refund?  The refund will be around $800.   Thanks!   

3 Replies 3
Elinor0
Level 4
Topeka, KS

@Renee462  I would call Airbnb and ask what's up. Explain the situation to whomever you talk to. If that person doesn't know or doesn't answer satisfactorily, ask for a case manager. OR, go to the reservation of the no show guest and ask for money. Put in the $800. Sometimes it's easier to get results by sending a message. Good luck.

Elinor18843
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I would try what @Elinor0 suggests, @Renee462.  I'm guessing the guest claimed Covid or something else covered by extenuating circumstances, Airbnb asked for proof, the guest produced some kind of "proof" and has been making a nuisance of himself or herself ever since.  I'm sorry you had this dropped on you.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

wow! I am speechless....