How much I hate AirBnB

Neville10
Level 2
Manhattan Beach, CA

How much I hate AirBnB

I have hated AirBnB since it first appeared.  A glossy clown face to impress millenials who don't know any better for a fake coverup of an attempted monompoly.  I have rented a house in the Greek islands since a decade before this mindless bunch ** showed their jeuvenile faces.  Now, on my island they happily list almost 300 properties in the utterly unique village where my house is located... in reality there are only 10.  So, AirBnB offering fake advertising to hundres of sub par propperties does not give a **bleep**.  No matter how often I write to their "feedback" or call there useless call center they do not reply.

AirBnB I know you know just what a con job you are.

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Neville10 ,

So i was curious and looked at your listing. It says it is in Kastro. So i searched as a guest for Kastro (Airbnb suggest Kastro,Sifnos,Milos,Greece). Don't know why Milos is there (it's another island), so that explains probably 300 listings !

One "zoom in' on the map, and it is reduced to 28 listings. If a search for "Sifnos" only, also much less listings are shown. So the problem seems to be Airbnb adding island "Milos" as part of the search.

Probably you are not happy with Airbnb for that !

best regards, Emiel

Emiel - Indeed you are correct in noting that Milos is intuited when you make a Kastro Sifno search.  But this is only an indication of how ignorant, lazy and stupid the bone heads at AirBnB are.  I fact ALL the spurious listings for Kastro are on the island of Sifnos but all are miles away, some on the absolute farthest oposite side of the island.  If a traveller has read about Kastro and wants to visit they will be first missdirected by the incorrect placing of the name on AirBnB map.  If the guest is knowledgeable they may find where Kastro is.  More likely they will find a nice looking house and be cheated into thinking it is in Kastro.  And the handful of people who have created beautiful homes in Kastro are also cheated.  Now here is the kicker.  Quite often, when you zoom in to Kastro my house does not appear at all!!!!!  Unhappy?  I really really HATE these people.  They suck.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Neville10 ,

The search for Kastro (as stated before) brings me definitly to Kastro on the map.But i have to zoom in once OR move the map just a little to limit the search results to this village only. Then it comes up with appr. 30 search results. And your listing is ALLWAYS there, near the top of the second page. But the intital results include Milos and a wide radius around Kastro, which is indeed very inconvinient if you only want Kastro. Allthough the experienced Aibnb guest will find his way, being aware of this. Maybe Airbnb should introduce some radius setting !

But you can allways promote your listing yourself, like by homepage (upload a nice cover photo): https://www.airbnb.nl/users/5706384/listings

best regards, Emiel

Emiel I have been trying to have a conversation with AirBnB to do precisely what you suggest, for over a year but it is a stone wall.  

YaI live in the renowned Yarra Valley food and wine region in Melbourne, Australia. My rural township is called Yarra Glen.  When I search for Yarra Glen my property appears.  However, Internationally the region is famous and know as the Yarra Valley.  This is what all international searches will use as the keyword.

When you search Yarra Valley it ALWAYS join it with another shoulder region, namely the Dandenong Ranges.  These are both regions in their own right.  My home does not appear and nearly all of the listings are in the Dandenongs so the Yarra Valley doesn't even show up unless you start to click on the map which changes it completly.

When I query this they say it's because my pin is in Yarra Glen.  Doesn't explain why all of the other listing appear.  

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Neville10

You do not have a fully verified profile with the green verified badge, perhaps you do not meet your own booking criterias ? Your place shows up when I search with the correct minimum stay.

If that is the case I have been unverified by AirBnB without any niotification.  In any case it does not change the fact that AirBnB is falsely identifying almost 300 properties which are no where near the unique and historic village where I have invested very significantly.  Please read all of my previous comments which do not, in fact even address all of the problems. 

Marit Anne - and in any case it does not change the fact that AirBnB is falsely identifying almost 300 properties which are no where near the unique and historic village where I have invested very significantly.  Please read all of my previous comments which do not, in fact even address all of the problems. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Neville10

It happens to all of us.....

Unless your listing is in a very small unique 700 year old village with only 10 real listings and over 250 listings are showed then I doubt that very much.