Non paying guests

Yvonne665
Level 1
Etty Bay, Australia

Non paying guests

So disappointed with Airbnb host support for a number of reasons. 
1 . $3500 damages caused by third party ( illegal) guests, only $1300 compensation after months of haggling.

2. Gust took a 3 month booking at half price only to leave after  3 weeks. Payment was adjusted back to nightly rate but payment stayed pending for 10 months before Airbnb said they couldn’t contact the guests so the money would not be paid. I know where they work. Really their insurance was useless too.
Has any one taken Airbnb to Fair trading or small claims court?? If so what is their actual trading name / address so that I can do so?.No faith left.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yvonne665 

When a  "long term stay" reservation is made, first installment is payment for first 30 nights. Which you should have received on the day after guests checked-in. So if reservation was ended after 3 weeks, at least 30 nights (at half price) were payed.. Airbnb can not force guests to pay the rest, that is the risk of  "long term stays". The addres of local Airbnb is on  your VAT invoice, which is attached to every reservation (see "list of reservation"). Headquarter is in USA , it can easily be found on Google like: **[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines]**

IV had unregistered guests that when I looked to Air B&B to make up the difference - they "Don't pay - it would come out of their profits" - What about my lost revenue, extra cleaning costs, wear and tear, extra water, electricity...I'm very disappointed in Air B&B on more than one occasion