Open

Julie61
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Open

Is there a schedule or program and exact location of Airbnb Open? I'm trying to make arrangements for my stay but would like to know where the event is being held.
7 Replies 7
Elizabeth200
Level 2
Austin, TX

Me too! I have tried to find more info almost from the time I registered. I need to make flight arrangements and find accommodations.  How can we do that without a rough schedule and location?

A more detailed schedule was recently released at AirbnbOpen.com.

I created a public Facebook event as an additional resource for those of you going to Airbnb Open 2016. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1311298645576362/

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Julie61

I am Kirstie, the online community coordinator at airbnb. I have moved your post here to the Airbnb Open board which is dedicated solely to discussions about the Open. You should be able to find more information about it the event here!

Kirstie

Instead of writing about moved message, It would have been more helpful for everyone involved if you could also write the exact location of the event. I am puzzled why it is not that easy to find. You are working for the Airbnb, you should know where it is and how to find a schedule.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Home-On-Blaine0@Julie61 and @Elizabeth200,

Good to meet you all. As you can imagine location is a popular question for hosts going to AO16. 

In terms of the specific location, this year the Open will be split across 4 historic movie palaces in Downtown LA. These are: Orpheum, Los Angeles Theatre, Downtown Palace Theatre and Theatre Ace Hotel. They are very close and within walking distance of one another. 🙂

As @Kirstie mentioned, there are many discussions her in the AO board relating to your question which you might find interesting to read, I would recommend taking a look at this: Exploring LA

In terms of the event schedule and what is happening where, this is still to be announced and is due in October, so not long to wait now. 

I will keep you as up-to-date here in the CC as much as possible, so I will let you know when I have more information on this. 

I hope this is helpful. Is this your first Open you are attending? 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

Now that the schedule and some more information about the Open has been released, it would be really great to have some sort of guidlines to keep in mind as we create our schedules.

For instance, is it feasable to schedule events with a 15min or 30min break between one facility event and another?  Should we be lookng at some kind of method and schedule one day at one facility, and another at a different one?  Would it be wise to leave 'x' amount a minutes between each one for travel time?

What is the best way and most efficient use of our time and exposure to all things Airbnb at this event?

Thanks so much,

Camellia0
Level 1
Austin, TX

Hey guys,

From what I can gather, just browsing the schedule sectio on airbnbopen.com, it looks like the workshops and events are scattered around various places around downtown Los Angeles. Your best bet would be either finding a place near downtown so you have an easy commute or finding a place nearby that makes your heart content and estimating your commutes to fit within your budget. Even if it's not right downtown, you can always Uber. I used Uber last time I was in Los Angeles and never had any trouble finding a ride. It was relatively inexpensive compared to taxis as well. Keep in mind though, it is a very busy city so you want to allow yourself adequate commute time and then some!

This website is a great resource to find current fare prices and tells you how to estimate the cost of your fare. UberX is always the way to go and for people not familiar, that's the standard uber ride which is usually a sedan. The cost here says $0.15 per minute + $0.90 per mile ($5.15 fare min) which sounds a little bit pricier than when I was there but still works out to about half the cost of taxis.

http://www.ridesharingdriver.com/how-much-does-uber-cost-uber-fare-estimator/

I haven't booked my stay yet either so I'll keep y'all updated on how I'm navigating through the mystery of the airbnb conference. Interested to hear if anyone has any cool ideas as well !