Starting an Airbnb

Starting an Airbnb

Hello Everybody,

I'm thinking about starting an Airbnb. I really like to hear some experiences from you and what to do

and not to do in the beginning. I also like to try one of your Airbnb in and around Switserland. Let me know! 🙂

Thank you very much

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sandra920  There are numerous posts about hosting on this forum.  Additionally there are tutorials about different aspects of hosting, both technical and experiencial.  Use search terms that narrow your interest.  Good luck!!

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sandra920 Here’s a helpful read for you that explains the “host guarantee” and how it works for some home owners. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5505351/Homeowner-claims-Airbnb-guest-caused-18K-damage.html

MadeAri0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

hello everybody , My name is Arie , from Bali ,Indonesia , I 'm new with Airbnb ..

Hi Made,

I assume you've been running airbnb in Bali by now. I'm also interested in setting up airbnb in Bali. Can you share your experiences with getting license/permit for government in Bali.

Regards 

Yuli

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Sandra920

You've hinted at the best way to gain knowledge about host - Be a guest.

Try 3 airbnb's to see what works, what doesn't and familize yourself with the platform.

Get excited about it all first. Then wade through the tutorials to get in-depth.

Good luck

@Sandra920 you have done a great thing by coming here first to look for guidance before starting. Getting advice early can help you avoid making a lot of the mistakes new hosts make in the beginning.

(By the way: one good way to find the mistakes to avoid: go to a search engine and search for "mistakes new airbnb hosts make". You will find a whole list of articles that will be very helpful.)

Here you can ask for solutions to very specific problems, and there is a wealth of informative discussions in the archives (once you know what you look for).

Some of the good tips for new hosts:

1. Make sure you are completely ready before you list. Some people start before everything is ready, but that just risks bad reviews right at the start, which is when you are most vulnerable to a bad review.
  2. Your photos should show your listing off in the best possible way. Spend time and trouble to make them look good. If necessary, spend money.
  3. If anything is confusing to you, come here and ask. The odds are that anything you encounter has been seen before by someone here.

There is, of course, a lot more to know when starting out. Read through these discussions and you will find out what problems people run into every day. Hopefully you will know how to avoid them.

Best of luck!