Superhost travel coupons should stay VALID ONE YEAR

Alice45
Level 3
Stonington, CT

Superhost travel coupons should stay VALID ONE YEAR

I am tired of receiving travel coupons as a reward for being superhost and losing them as they expire just before the next rravel coupon comes in.

We have been superhosts for 12 straight quarters since 2015, and I think we should be allowed to accrue our travel coupons instead of losing them each quarter. A $100 coupon is nice but won't get you too far for booking, let's face it.  But $200-300, that would motivate me to travel.  Also, we recieve the travel coupon during our busy season and there is no chance to use it in time.

Wha do you think?

37 Replies 37
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Have never used mine. Oh to be able to accrue! Marvellous idea!

Thank-you!  I don’t think this is a whole lot to ask of Airbnb.  

Lee143
Level 3
Rehoboth Beach, DE

Wow,  i've never even heard of Superhosts getting coupons. How do you find out if you have one?

Superhost bonus
For each year of maintaining Superhost status, choose between a $100 travel coupon or one free professional photo session in available markets.

@Lee143  You will get an email about it if you qualify. I think they also message you on your travel account on AirBnB. 

They tell you you have been awarded one but this is after you have been a super host for 4 straight quarters.  We have earned three, used one and lost one .

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You can only use one at a time, so accruing them wouldn't work. 

I’m asking to be able to combine them, as well as accrue them. Thank you for the clarification.  

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

We received a Super Host bonus last fall.  I took advantage of the $100 credit and used it at Christmas time for a weekend trip to Waco.  Nearly all retail coupons have an expiration date.  Yes, it would be nice to accrue several to use for a mega-trip.  Since we are told in advance of the terms of use, it's up to the recipient to make the best use possible.

I understand all that.  I’m asking Airbnb to make this accommodation to their superhosts who have maintained a level of excellence for more than two years straight to be able to keep their award and not have it expire and  be ALLOWED to save up more than one award to use as a combined  award.  We’ve been superhosts for three years straight.     It’s not a lot to ask of Airbnb.

How long do the coupons last?

@Christine615  1 year. 

I just noticed my coupon code will expire tomorrow.  I just requested to book place.  The host has not gotton back to me yet.  Then I tried to request to book another place and my code is evidently in the interwebs.  Any suggestions ?  Thanks so much 🙂  Christine

After a quarter (3 months) they expire

One quarter and they expire